Home Lock - reference point?

Reaction score
When in Home Lock mode, does the software regard your Home Point as the reference, or the physical location of your Remote Control?

In other words, is it using GPS to fly to a remembered location, or signal strength from the Tx?

Philip

Welcome to the group!

It's using the GPS and IMS to remember your home point, not your RC.

Narrator said:
Welcome to the group!

+1
....And another welcome to the best Phantom information forum you can find.

I have seen some ask the homelock question. They were under the impression that the quad will come back to them. If they have moved a distance while flying and went to home lock, the quad will go to the home position it recorded at power up and not to where they are standing now unless they reset home lock at their new position. This could be confusing to someone not getting this and wonder why the quad is going somewhere else

Happyflyer said:
Narrator said:
Welcome to the group!

+1
....And another welcome to the best Phantom information forum you can find.

bob bob ;)

Monte55 said:
I have seen some ask the homelock question. They were under the impression that the quad will come back to them. If they have moved a distance while flying and went to home lock, the quad will go to the home position it recorded at power up and not to where they are standing now unless they reset home lock at their new position. This could be confusing to someone not getting this and wonder why the quad is going somewhere else
What about that change in the program that Home Lock changes as you move the receiver to a new location? Or did that update go away?

You are right, there is that extra feature called dynamic home point that can be enabled in the dji app. Nontheless Monte is right by saying the basic setting is that Homepoint is set at the location of the bird when it is started up and has a locked sufficient satelates.
Fore newbies it is wise to stick with the basic homepoint setting for a while. Later on they can start experimenting with dynamic homepoint or even, as a third possibility, manual homepoint (re)setting for that matter.
Just an opinion.

Narrator said:
Dynamic home point? OMG... just another thing that can go wrong... lol

I love it and cannot fly without it. I ditched my p2 ver2 because it didnt have this feature.
Just make sure the ring around the radar is green. Its an awesome feature knowing that you can walk/run/ride/drive/boat and know that thephantom will return to you.
If you know what you're doing, the phantom can go in follow me mode

Mako79 said:
Narrator said:

I love it and cannot fly without it. I ditched my p2 ver2 because it didnt have this feature.
Just make sure the ring around the radar is green. Its an awesome feature knowing that you can walk/run/ride/drive/boat and know that thephantom will return to you.

I don't know what I am doing! lol
can you elaborate on the follow me mode please?

kirk2579 said:
Mako79 said:
Narrator said:

I don't know what I am doing! lol
can you elaborate on the follow me mode please?

Enable NAZA and check the IOC box in the Phantom Assist software (MAC/PC). This will enable CL and HL flight modes.
Enable the DHP on your DJI app.
Turn on locations/GPS on your device.
Optional: Have Ground station enabled and maps downloaded.
You will notice on your DJI app > Radar ring = yellow/orange. This means DHP is on but NOT locked.
Be patient and it will lock onto your device. If it does not, swipe to ground station and see if you are in reference to your phantom. The ring around the radar should turn green = DHP is on and LOCKED to your device. It will now attempt to ping you every 2 seconds. You can see this happening in the ground station.

For the follow me to work, the phantom MUST be greater than 10 meters radius from you, otherwise it will switch to course lock direction. Flick on Home lock and pull the stick back gently. Provided it is > 10m from you and the GPS from your phone is updating the phantom then you are good. With a bit of skill you can just pull the stick back gently and pan to get nice a follow on a boat.

On a side note, if you trigger RTH/failsafe and still moving, it will land at the point you triggered the RTH/failsafe. So if you are on a moving boat, it will land in the water =(.

Is DHP only a thing on the P2? I don't remember seeing that in the Assistant when we updated firmware.

DHP works with any phantom with a NAZA-flightcontroller and a wifi-connection with the latest dji-app that also has ground station. It is in this dji-app DHP can be enabled and disabled.

docramage said:
When in Home Lock mode, does the software regard your Home Point as the reference, or the physical location of your Remote Control?

In other words, is it using GPS to fly to a remembered location, or signal strength from the Tx?

Philip

Monte55 said:
I didn't see any info on which Phantom he has so I went with the basic no frills answer.

He did mention it at the very bottom of the page that he had a P2 V2. "Rc Heli: Raptor, Freya, TRex, Gaui etc - all elegantly crashed . . . and now Phantom 2 (2015 model - not Vision)".

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik