Home Lock Mode Not Working

Reaction score
Hello, All.

I've been flying RC Heli's for a while, and just picked up a Phantom 2 Vision (not +). I switched into NAZA mode and it successfully changed. Now, my S2 works for RTH in the down posistion, and ATTI in the middle.

However, I tried setting S1 to the lower position to try Home Lock, and it didn't work. No matter how I posistioned the Phantom, down on the right stick moved it in the direction it was respectfully positioned; down did not make it return to the direction I was in.

Are there any prerequisites I am missing? Do I have to be a certain distance away, etc?

Thanks, all.

You have to enable it in the Assistant software - it's off by default. It's under Advanced -> IOC if I remember correctly. You also need to fly a small distance away from you before it will go into HL like maybe 30 feet.

Perhaps it's different in the Vision vs. Vision+... but in the Vision+ home lock and IOC is on S2... not S1. S1 is for GPS/ATTI/Failsafe and/or Manual

srandall25 said:
Perhaps it's different in the Vision vs. Vision+... but in the Vision+ home lock and IOC is on S2... not S1. S1 is for GPS/ATTI/Failsafe and/or Manual

Many people get it wrong. S2 = left-hand switch. S1 = right-hand switch. It's not terribly logical :).

As has been said, HL only activates when the Phantom is at least 10m away from its home point.

Just flew in the CL & HL. I'm baffled why DJI did not enable one of both modes from the factory. Makes the Phantom much easier to fly without having to remember Right is Left and Left is Right with a 180 rotation (or trying to figure out which way it Is turned).

The easiest way to test it is Fly Away From Your Take off spot (at least 30'), rotate the Quad (less than 360 degrees) and Flip the Switch pull the forward/backward stick. The motion should be toward or away from you no matter what the rotational position.

CaptMike said:
Just flew in the CL & HL. I'm baffled why DJI did not enable one of both modes from the factory. Makes the Phantom much easier to fly without having to remember Right is Left and Left is Right with a 180 rotation (or trying to figure out which way it Is turned).

The easiest way to test it is Fly Away From Your Take off spot (at least 30'), rotate the Quad (less than 360 degrees) and Flip the Switch pull the forward/backward stick. The motion should be toward or away from you no matter what the rotational position.
I think they're concerned that the novice pilot, who may be more likely to hit switches accidentally and not notice, would be completely thrown for a loop if their control system changed suddenly, nor would they immediate understand what was happening if they were just experimenting with the switches. But yes, once you know how they work, CL and HL are extremely valuable and I would always want them at the ready.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj