Home Lock / Course Lock

Reaction score
New DJI P2 Owner here! Non vision! Do I have to enable NAZA mode in order for the Home Lock/ Course lock feature to work?

Yes, and enable "IOC" as well.

Okay great thought so! Now for the IOC control is that in affect ALL the time or only when its in Home Lock mode?

IOC (intelligent Orientation Control) is the name of the group of those control modes.

When you switch to NAZA mode and enable the IOC then S2 (on the upper left) is used to select them i.e. None/Off- upper position, Course lock- middle position, Home lock- lower position.

With S2 UP (off) it will be just like you are flying now (assuming Phantom Mode).

Ahhhh okay! I thought IOC was another separate feature where no matter the orientation of the quad back is back etc. kind of the way my blade 350qx has smart mode.

xSplitx said:
Ahhhh okay! I thought IOC was another separate feature where no matter the orientation of the quad back is back etc. kind of the way my blade 350qx has smart mode.

IOC is smart mode.
In both HL and CL modes, it doesn't matter which way your quad is facing, the quad will move in the direction relative to the right control stick.

Mako79 said:
In both HL and CL modes, it doesn't matter which way your quad is facing, the quad will move in the direction relative to the right control stick.
"Home" is irrelevant in CL mode. In Course Lock the quad moves relative to the direction the quad is facing when you go into the CL mode.
Here's an example- imagine you are hovering in front of an abandoned building on a deserted island that is fenced off from trespassers (the snark is for those who believe that flight outside of an AMA sterilized box is dangerous).
OK, you're hovering, facing a building and enter CL. Move the stick left or right and you will traverse across the front of the building. Move the stick back and you are going away from the building. move the stick forward and your quad may become one with the building.
In Home Lock mode, Mako is correct that the direction the Phantom is facing is irrelevant.

I have to disagree with your second sentence. I understand CL direction is established with the direction the quad is facing on the ground at startup, not the direction the quad was facing when S2 is flipped to CL. That's how mine behaves. If I have mine facing north upon startup and go fly,,,,,, and then select CL it will go south with right stick pulled back and north if pushed forward. Left and right are west and east. If I had the quad facing west on startup, and entered CL, pulling back on right stick would make the quad go east etc.

I agree with the above as well.

This is not to say that CL cannot be reset in flight though.

I forgot to mention that. Some models and software allows you to change that while flying by flipping S2. My Phantom 1 on its version of software will not let me change HP etc in the air.

Agreed No17RW. Five quick flips from off-cl and a new course lock is set. That is if you have good motor skills and can make the movement fast enough and precise enough to not accidently overthrow to hl on one of the five ;)

I have found it easier to go from off-hl and reset both the cl and hl at same time. Just remember you created the new hl. (Hopefully not over water or trees)

Obviously those of you blessed with dynamic home will not need to worry as much as me.

Monte55 said:
I forgot to mention that. Some models and software allows you to change that while flying by flipping S2. My Phantom 1 on its version of software will not let me change HP etc in the air.

Ahhh, but...this is the P2NV forum. ;)

Call it ****, but I ALWAYS start phantom facing due North, so I never have to guess in flight.

For me it's been East just cause that's the safest for my location. No other reason.

Monte55 said:
I have to disagree with your second sentence. I understand CL direction is established with the direction the quad is facing on the ground at startup, not the direction the quad was facing when S2 is flipped to CL. That's how mine behaves. If I have mine facing north upon startup and go fly,,,,,, and then select CL it will go south with right stick pulled back and north if pushed forward. Left and right are west and east. If I had the quad facing west on startup, and entered CL, pulling back on right stick would make the quad go east etc.
I think you're right. When I tried it I happened to be facing the building at startup... More testing coming soon. If it ever gets warm again.

SteveMann said:
Monte55 said:
I think you're right. When I tried it I happened to be facing the building at startup... More testing coming soon. If it ever gets warm again.
Monte55's statement is correct. CL is established on start up. The first set of rapid green flashing LEDs is CL heading being set. The second set of rapid green LEDs is the HL being set in the Phantom.

Ideally DJI would program the CL to set when the S2 is flipped to CL...but we will have to anxiously await this programming to arrive in a firmware update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4