Home lock and GPS

It says "Mode changed to GPS_Atti" right before you initiate an auto takeoff. It looks like you had signal but manually changed the controller switch to atti mode. I don't know for sure but I think GPS_Atti is when you switch to Atti mode but have GPS signal, then Atti mode is when you have no gps signal and the Phantom switches into this mode automatically when you lose GPS connection. You didn't lose GPS connection, you switched into Atti mode. In Atti mode GPS is not used for stabilization but it can still return to home if you have satellite connection. Also in atti mode the Phantom does not use air brakes so after you stop it will drift in the direction it was traveling until you correct it yourself. It is a good idea to practice flying it atti mode higher than any obstacles so you can see how it drifts and what you need to do to correct it when it does drift.

As stated earlier in the thread about crashing in P-Opti, I did not switch it into Atti at all, the RC was only on P the whole two days I had it. If you look at the images I posted you'll see it says P-GPS and then P-OPTI in the flight record.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie