Home lock and course lock

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why you would use these features> Watched how to to use them video but can't figure out a reason I would use it. Thanks
Al

If your bird is too far away to see the orientation, you can switch to HL and pull back on the stick. It will return to you in spite of which direction it was pointed. HL works as long as you have GPS signal. CL works in ATTI mode when there is no GPS.

Course lock is a very good unique feature. You can set it up so the camera is pointed at your target. Initiate course lock and use the right stick and you can fly in a perfectly streight line up and down say a soccer field or a street or along a building while keeping the camera pointed at the object. A little practice a lot of uses.

Home lock is your savior at times think of a piece of pie and your in the very center. Quad flies out in any direction you turn on home lock ant pull down on the right stick and makes no difference where the craft is she will return back to the center. When she get back to within 10 meters over head flip home lock off and take control again.

Both are fantastic features. Learn to use them to your advantage.

Reactions: NEair
Used home lock today and was pretty impressed with it. Next will be playing with course lock.
Al

I hope this is not a stupid question,or maybe im having a bain fart but when i touch home to come home it has a red padlock andcircle around it and it does nothing

I hope this is not a stupid question,or maybe im having a bain fart but when i touch home to come home it has a red padlock andcircle around it and it does nothing
If your bird is within 20 Meters of your home point RTH does not work. Try the function when the bird is further away.

Reactions: dirkclod
During my last few P3P flights I have tried to learn how to use the radar to bring back the AC simulating the scenario when I can't see the AC and/or when its orientation is uncertain.

But is using the Home Lock easier and more fool-proof to bring the AC above the home point (if I don't yet want to use RTH)?

Yes.

Usually I will just fly it in normally, but there has been a rare time when I am flying it in an I can't find it in the sky for whatever reason (I'm surrounded by trees). So I can switch to home lock and guide it in overhead, provided I know it's high enough. That's the beauty of home lock. Regardless of where it is, pulling down on the right stick will bring it over the home point.

It's slow though, at least on my P2V. Top speed in IOC is about 12 mph.

Another really cool feature of home lock which hardly anybody ever mentions (Tom's Tech Time is the only exception I've found) is the ability to make the craft circle the home point. Once the craft is far enough away, moving the right stick to the left or right will cause the aircraft to circle the home point counterclockwise or clockwise. In other words, it will move to the left or right, but it will do it without increasing the distance from home point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers