Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Home lock and course lock question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jdawson, Apr 28, 2013.

1. jdawson

Very beginner question... Flying my phantom in manual / atti / gps mode I totally understand how it flies and it works just the way I would expect. No issues at all.

My problem is home lock and course lock. I always start my phantom with the status light pointing at me (so I am looking at the back of the phantom).

When I switch to course lock if push the right stick right the phantom will go LEFT! When I push the right stick left the phantom will go right! When I push the right stick UP (as in towards the TOP of the controller or full throttle if this was the throttle stick!) the phantom will come towards me! If I pull the right stick DOWN the phantom will fly away from me.

Much the same behaviour in home lock... That is the total opposite of what I expected! Can someone please clarify this for me.

2. Benitoculito

3. Gizmo3000

very old
    But make sure you're flying a good distance away
    and that your home location and course direction are set prior to takeoff.

4. lyricon

Also be sure you haven't over flown you start position. For example if you start flying facing south and let the quad fly over you so you're facing north, the controls will be reversed until you face south again.

5. Average.joe.rc.flyer

Also, if you were like me.... just pulled out the bird and started flying... I did not turn on the HL CL option using the software.
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=234&p=3367&hilit=course+lock+not+working#p3367

Gizmo3000 comment is very noteworthy. " be sure you haven't over flown you start position" This was my 2nd issue after turning the HL CL lock feature on :)