Home lock after signal loss?

Reaction score
Here is the scenario:

In Naza Mode
Flying the Phantom with Home Lock set and working
Phantom far away and losses connection with the transmitter
Phantom initiates return to home
Phantom regains connection to the transmitter while returning to home
I move S2 switch from down position (home lock) to top position, and regain control of Phantom

If I now move the S2 switch back to the down position will it reestablish home lock?

As long as it still has satellites and GPS and knows where home is (it must if it had initiated RTH) you should have no problem switching down to Home Lock again.

Last edited:
I yep have used home lock on several occasion during a single flight. Going from GPS to home lock works when ever you select it. Do not switch it five time fast as that tells the quad to re establish home position where it is at. Home lock is like a piece of pie with you in the center. Switch to HL and pull back on the right stick and where ever she is she flies back to the middle of the pie. Switch back to off (top position) and you have Control again. Don't get home lock and Failsafe confused. Loss of controller put it in to RTH (Failsafe) mode where it will RTH and autoland, and you can also with this take control back this time by flipping the S1 switch from GPS to atti and back to SPS. She will stop and hover where she is when you flip the switch.

I yep have used home lock on several occasion during a single flight. Going from GPS to home lock works when ever you select it. Do not switch it five time fast as that tells the quad to re establish home position where it is at. Home lock is like a piece of pie with you in the center. Switch to HL and pull back on the right stick and where ever she is she flies back to the middle of the pie. Switch back to off (top position) and you have Control again. Don't get home lock and Failsafe confused. Loss of controller put it in to RTH (Failsafe) mode where it will RTH and autoland, and you can also with this take control back this time by flipping the S1 switch from GPS to atti and back to SPS. She will stop and hover where she is when you flip the switch.

Just what I needed to know. Thanks so much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.