Home internet dies when p4p is turned on

At my home I had such a poor Internet (DSL) that I could walk to Google before it would come up. So I dumped it for unlimited Verizon. If low bandwidth is not your issue, you could try changing bands or channels when you boot the drone and transmitter.

Reactions: K9VXV
The problem come from the wifi communication between RC and the bird.
I have the exact same problem with P3A.

I never search arround about that problem but if someone know how to fix that, i will be happy to test it.

Whenever I boot up the p4p indoors everyone moans as it kills the internet

Try changing the channel setting on your router from Auto to channel 1, 3 or 11 and see if your situation improves and let me know. Where do you launch your Phantom in relation to your router? Does your WiFI network usually reach outside of your home?

Take care,

Jesse

Someone will have to clue me in here.

How does the connection between the RC and the drone have anything to do with the home router?

I can see it accessing the maps for a short while, but once that's done, where does the drone/RC combination hit the home wireless network?

AD

Reactions: FunN4lo
Someone will have to clue me in here.

How does the connection between the RC and the drone have anything to do with the home router?

I can see it accessing the maps for a short while, but once that's done, where does the drone/RC combination hit the home wireless network?

AD

They both operate on the 2.4gHz and/or 5.8gHz frequencies. Normally the wifi drowns out the drone, not the other way around. That's why you get much cleaner signal in the country than in the city or suburbia

Much cleaner! I've got the full range out of my p4p 18000 ft. One way
ecc01f667252cb61ce6adb3a3d1f4acc.jpg

They both operate on the 2.4gHz and/or 5.8gHz frequencies. Normally the wifi drowns out the drone, not the other way around. That's why you get much cleaner signal in the country than in the city or suburbia

I would tend to think that every time somebody's wireless phone rings in any house in the neighborhood, that a drone should fall out of the sky. They operate on the same 2.7 frequency.

I've fired up the P4 in the garage for flights from the driveway and there's been no apparent degradation of the wifi in the house based on nobody whining about the Netflix or Xbox connection dropping or getting weak while I'm hovering over the house.

There must be something else causing the OP's wifi problems in the house.

AD

It probably depends on what model / brand of wifi router you are using ?

I can certainly confirm that my son can't play with Xbox One using the wifi adapter if i'm fireup my drone and rc. He have to use the wired Xbox connection. It's a fact.

Never had any problems flying from home, it just knocks the wireless router out, I could like you say change the channel and see if that helps, or just let the family moan they can't connect to the internet :)

Try changing the channel setting on your router from Auto to channel 1, 3 or 11 and see if your situation improves and let me know. Where do you launch your Phantom in relation to your router? Does your WiFI network usually reach outside of your home?

Take care,

Jesse
That works for me the problem it's that the router switch to a cleaner Chanel when there it's noise where it's transmitting but the drone does the same so the both keep changing channels non stop until the router give up and get stock ... I set the router in 1 channel normally 7 and then the drone will stay automatically out of that channel becuese it's been use ... no more cross noise ....

That works for me the problem it's that the router switch to a cleaner Chanel when there it's noise where it's transmitting but the drone does the same so the both keep changing channels non stop until the router give up and get stock ... I set the router in 1 channel normally 7 and then the drone will stay automatically out of that channel becuese it's been use ... no more cross noise ....

Great news! Please make sure you update your routers firmware to the latest version to help with compatibility. You can also get patch or directional antennas (if 2.4 router only) to try and shape your signal in such a way that it does not reach outside of your house to cause issues. But yeah Auto to Auto I have seen that happen. If you have android download Wifi check to perform a site survey and check which channel is the best. Put your router on the best channel and then leave your Phantom on Auto so it can hop channels when you are out flying still. Otherwise you might forget to change it back and then lose video or something.

Take care,

Jesse

Never had any problems flying from home, it just knocks the wireless router out, I could like you say change the channel and see if that helps, or just let the family moan they can't connect to the internet :)

Lol. You might opt for the moaning. Fresh air will do them some good right? Haha. But yeah try a channel change for sure. Here are your channels and here are the overlaps try not to use overlaps.

6783238900f3644d37d4279bfaeb790a.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4