Home function overrode manual landing and crashed

Reaction score
I was in the middle of landing my p3p, about 2ft from the ground, when the home feature took over flying. It then ran itself into a tree. Is it possible to override this auto home on low battery function so it doesn't prevent manual landing like that? Totally irritated the crap out of me. I appreciate the feature, but I don't want it overriding my control especially when trees or other objects are nearby, especially people.

I was in the middle of landing my p3p, about 2ft from the ground, when the home feature took over flying. It then ran itself into a tree. Is it possible to override this auto home on low battery function so it doesn't prevent manual landing like that? Totally irritated the crap out of me. I appreciate the feature, but I don't want it overriding my control especially when trees or other objects are nearby, especially people.

Really sorry to hear about your crash, but welcome to the forum.

I've recently found out it's not a good idea to set home point under a tree, or land under a tree. You've demonstrated why, no offence.

I'm not the answer guy, but I think the answer is yes. I just wanted to welcome you, and offer this.

This will help you find things here in our forum. It's Google Custom Search.
Enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

sounds like maybe you hit low battery and it initiated RTH.

I had same thing happen a week ago and posted video , I was way over my norm flight time and as I saw red led and landed it shot up on way to 45 meters...

I was in a wooded area with canopy about 25-30 feet and up.

it was about 20-25 foot up when I got the S! switched ATTI-GPS and was able to stop it just as it ate a small branch and drop it.... no damage although it looked like it would have from video and sound.

Flick S1 from gps to atti to gps anytime you need to regain flight control.

Reactions: IflyinWY
Is it possible to override this auto home on low battery function so it doesn't prevent manual landing like that?
The short answer is Yes.
It's an involved topic and you're best reading the RTH section of the manual rather than looking for a short answer here.
It's important to understand how RTH works so you can plan your flight to avoid unexpected issues.
I don't want it overriding my control especially when trees or other objects are nearby, especially people.
Trees really are the number one killer of Phantoms - and not just for beginner pilots. Avoid flying anywhere near them until you are quite experienced, and then only do it with great caution.

I appreciate the feedback gentlemen. It was helpful. As for avoiding trees and other objects, I try to steer clear of everything with at least a 30ft space between unless I have to get closer for video reasons, and that can be difficult on a golf course when it decides to fly itself, lol. Anyway, if you guys would like to see what I was working on yesterday when this happened I'll be getting more footage before doing post production work and it will eventually make it onto my youtube channel. That is after I get the repairs done and have it flying again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.