Holiday weekend in the UK and raining as usual!!!

Reaction score
Was hoping to get lots of flying in this weekend to test out some new FPV stuff, but the weather is looking grim for the next few days :evil: What is it with Bank holidays and rain!!!

It's not just the UK. At this time of year here I'd expect lots of sunshine and temperatures in the low to mid 20's. Instead, we've had winds up to 85 km/h, thundery showers and yesterday afternoon the temperature dropped to 10C :shock:

There's no way I can test my RX100 rig in these conditions which is really frustrating as I have a free week ahead :evil:

Maybe it's global cooling ;)

For the south east it looks like tomorrow [Sun] is the only chance. Still a bit gusty though.

After that- the long range is simply..............rain, rain, rain

Peter Evans said:
It's not just the UK. At this time of year here I'd expect lots of sunshine and temperatures in the low to mid 20's. Instead, we've had winds up to 85 km/h, thundery showers and yesterday afternoon the temperature dropped to 10C :shock:

There's no way I can test my RX100 rig in these conditions which is really frustrating as I have a free week ahead :evil:

Maybe it's global cooling ;)
The weather in France needs to get better soon because I'm headed your way in less than a month and I would like nice weather. Southern California will be 22C today, but a little cloudy.

I was also looking to get a lot of flying in this weekend but we are in the same boat, nasty weekend here in Texas. Why couldn't my 3 day weekend be next week?!

RedRyderMedia said:
The weather in France needs to get better soon because I'm headed your way in less than a month and I would like nice weather. Southern California will be 22C today, but a little cloudy.

France is the second largest country in Europe (after Ukraine) and has very varied weather. Where exactly in France will you be?

70-80's sunshine and no wind in western Pa going to be the perfect long weekend :mrgreen:

Peter Evans said:
RedRyderMedia said:

France is the second largest country in Europe (after Ukraine) and has very varied weather. Where exactly in France will you be?

If Putin has anything to say about it, France will become the largest, and he would probably disagree with the idea that Ukraine is in Europe. Lol. I fly from Milan to Bordeaux to spend a week with friends working our way to LeMans for the LeMans Classic over the weekend of the 4th of July.....consuming wine along the way. So, mostly in the central part of France, but I will be in Monaco before then....not France, but very close, along the Mediterranean coast. Thanks for asking.

RedRyderMedia said:
I fly from Milan to Bordeaux to spend a week with friends working our way to LeMans for the LeMans Classic over the weekend of the 4th of July.....consuming wine along the way. So, mostly in the central part of France, but I will be in Monaco before then....not France, but very close, along the Mediterranean coast. Thanks for asking.

I made that same flight last October after two weeks of peeing rain in on Lake Maggiore and in Umbria. Had to abort the shoots :-(

Bordeaux is my favourite city and just an hour away from me. You have to check out the new 'Ba-Ba' lift bridge over the Garonne.

I used to go to Le Mans every year too, until I came to live here; how bizarre is that?

Have a great time and let's hope this crap weather has long gone by then.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20