Holiday tips

Reaction score
So at the weekend I booked my first ever cruise. 11 carribean islands. I don't know what I'm more excited about, the cruise or the prospect of taking along my P3A (or maybe P4 by then, who knows) .
No longer had I started thinking about the Phantom possibilities, I then started wondering on the how's & why's.
It's a long way off, but I want to make sure everything is in place so I don't have any last minute worries.
Questions:
1. Will most islands allow the use of a drone? It will likely only be coastal use, but I don't know if some other opportunity may arise.
2. Memory... I'm obviously hoping to get some great images but do like getting video. I have seen warnings that wifi on board a ship is stupidly expensive so the prospect of me emptying images and video up onto the cloud to free up space on sd cards is a pipe dream.
Is there a way of transferring data off of micro sd cards which doesn't involve the use of a bulky laptop? Or is it a case of investing in multiple sd cards?
3. Silly question really but I'm assuming no ship will let you launch off it?

I will need to get plenty of piloting practice in before I depart, so a good excuse to get out more

One off the bucket list!

1. Most will but it would be advisable to check local laws before flying.
2. Yes Kingston make the Mobile-Lite Wireless G2 (and they either just released or about to release an updated version) which you can insert the microSD card from the Phantom and transfer the files either wirelessly or via the supplied cable to a USB HDD merely using their app on your smartphone or tablet.
3. Never asked but in any event I would be very reluctant to do so with all the radar and radio masts on board ship which would probably interfere with the compass, etc., on your Phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj