Hole for H3-3D

Reaction score
I have the Phantom 2 and I also have a hole under my H3-2D gimble. I assume I won't have to drill anything out in order to install the H3-3D gimble? The hole doesn't look big enough for the metal part to fit into though. I just want to know what I'm getting into if I have the new gimble.

Thanks.

Three options:
1) Buy the new adapter that shims the H3-3D down away from the shell, and includes longer legs to keep camera off the floor. Not sure if this part is shipping yet. If not, probably very soon.
2) Dremel a sufficient hole in your shell, similar to the hole in the new P2. Search this forum for many instructions/photos/videos on this.
3) Try my cheap quick hack that avoids Dremel and new part, if you have the longer screws that come with the prop guards: use those plus 4 rubber faucet washers to shim the H3-3D base plate away from the shell. I still have enough ground clearance (barely) though I always hand launch and hand land, so ground clearance not a high priority for me.

Kelly

Appreciate the response. I will check these options out. Much appreciated.

You're better off enlarging to hole, if you use spacers it puts your camera that much closer to the ground and it's already to close as it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers