HobbyKing service problems

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I just wanted to know if anyone else out there has had or is currently having major issues with HobbyKing out of Hong Kong? Although they're not a DJI dealer they still have many other accessory parts and stuff. A couple of days ago I ordered my new FatShark Predator V2 goggles from them. I was not a registered user of the website so my purchase was made via the Paypal option. I received a confirmation email from Paypal immediately saying my card had been charged but now 48 hours later I have still received NOTHING from HK regarding this $353.87 purchase. Their email and contact phone numbers are disconnected and they do not respond to any queries from their website system. In these modern times where these companies want to sell internationally and use supposedly sophisticated computer ordering systems I find it totally unacceptable that they do not send any confirmation of a $350 order but most worryingly of all, they are impossible to actually get in touch with. Has anyone else suffered this same problem? And to think that I was about to order the exact same items from ReadyMade RC but for some stupid unknown reason tried HobbyKing instead.

If you are expecting your order back to you from Hong Kong then I think you are one lucky fellow, here in the UK we can wait anything up to 3 weeks. The best thing is track it on the order page that tells you how far they have got with your order, they have symbols for each stage also the Chinese new year has just finished. Best of luck with the order.

chopperflyer said:
If you are expecting your order back to you from Hong Kong then I think you are one lucky fellow, here in the UK we can wait anything up to 3 weeks. The best thing is track it on the order page that tells you how far they have got with your order, they have symbols for each stage also the Chinese new year has just finished. Best of luck with the order.

Thanks but the problem runs a bit deeper than that. There is no record of my order at all, no email confirmation from them at all. The only proof I gave them any money is the Paypal email saying my card has been charged $350. Neither the phone numbers listed or the email address given actually work, they say they're disconnected and I can't get any response from their own online resolution service which is meant to operate 24/7. What a crock of **** this company appears to be. I'm beginning to think my hard earned cash has just vanished into a black hole. My only hope is a resolution from Paypal based on a fraudulent transaction from the supplier. How hard can it be for an international company like this to simply use automated order confirmation emails??

Here the marketing blurb about "minimal impact", if you believe that sort of things. Expect them to have a significant backlog/hangover. :D

You ordered precisely in the wrong period of the year for doing business with a Chinese firm.

Reminds me of this quote: "The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient."

I guess you'll have to be more like the earth. :p

Hobbyking is slow, but they do send order confirmations etc. Look in your spam box?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik