HobbyKing, Fatsharks, US Customs, WTF?

Reaction score
Is this a common occurrence? I ordered some Fatsharks from HobbyKing recently. Apparently I misread the page when I pressed the "buy" button. I thought they said they would be shipping from a US Warehouse. Apparently not. When I received my shipping confirmation (March 28th) the order ready "may take up to 45 days to arrive". Boy, they weren't kidding. Days and days of no apparent activity, then all of a sudden the package was en route to JFK from China. Cool, I'll get it this week. Then tonight I check tracking and I get this.

ScreenShot2014-04-06at104147PM_zps04007d9e.png

Great, back on the boat to China for no apparent reason. I seem to have read others having this issue with other products. First time for me. All I know is when I order an iPhone and it gets shipped direct from China to my house Apple sure gets the paper work right the first time.

jondrew said:
Is this a common occurrence? I ordered some Fatsharks from HobbyKing recently. Apparently I misread the page when I pressed the "buy" button. I thought they said they would be shipping from a US Warehouse. Apparently not. When I received my shipping confirmation (March 28th) the order ready "may take up to 45 days to arrive". Boy, they weren't kidding. Days and days of no apparent activity, then all of a sudden the package was en route to JFK from China. Cool, I'll get it this week. Then tonight I check tracking and I get this.

Great, back on the boat to China for no apparent reason. I seem to have read others having this issue with other products. First time for me. All I know is when I order an iPhone and it gets shipped direct from China to my house Apple sure gets the paper work right the first time.

Sounds like the overseas shipping company screwed up and there was something in the shipping container that was not allowed. Could be biological contamination. Or lack of correct documentation. Unpaid duties. Lots of possibilities.

I wasn't too impressed with HobbyKing. I ordered the spironet cloverleafs and the patch and it took 41 days to arrive. On the day I emailed about my order, they arrived in my mailbox.

Jondrew, had a very similar situation when my package hit the US. Was a little concerned when it hit Jamaica, NY. Sat for 2 days then it was shipped somewhere in New Jersey and yet again, sat for 2-4 days and then arrived in my home state and yet again sat for another 2 days. Everything seemed suspicious as it did take forever to get a legit tracking USPS number.. I was in contact with Natalie Gorodovich International Bridge?ParcelPool.com Customer Service Number 1 877 727 2354.. This was the first time ordering from an overseas online retailer with a substantial amount of money.. rest assured she kept me at ease, hope this helps....

It's hit or miss with parts from overseas. I also ordered a transmitter from Hobbyking thinking it was coming from the US. I also ordered the iOSD mini off ebay which came from Hong Kong and the view screen from another website. I paid for express shipping on the view screen and it ended up taking the longest of the 3 parts to arrive.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj