Hobbyist AND Part 107 Registration Numbers on same AC?

Reaction score
I have a P4P with my hobbyist FAA registration number on it. I just finished studying for the Part 107 certificate and will be taking the exam very soon. I understand I have to register the P4P for 107. I understand I can fly under hobbyist rules or 107 rules based on intent.

My question is: Do both the hobbyist and 107 registration numbers belong on the same AC? Or Does the 107 registration number replace the hobbyist number and allow you to fly under either set of rules?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

No you can NOT have multiple registration #'s on a single aircraft. You simply remove the Hobby and replace it with your Commercial Reg #. The beauty of the Commercial Reg # is the aircraft can be flown for Hobby or for Commercial purposes. Hobby is Hobby ONLY!!

If you have other sUAS you leave the Hobby # on them (hobby # is for you as the operator on all strictly hobby aircraft) if they are flown strictly for hobby. If they are flown for Commercial also each and every one will need to have it's own Commercial Reg #. Commercial Reg asks you for the specific serial # of the aircraft.

No you can NOT have multiple registration #'s on a single aircraft. You simply remove the Hobby and replace it with your Commercial Reg #. The beauty of the Commercial Reg # is the aircraft can be flown for Hobby or for Commercial purposes. Hobby is Hobby ONLY!!

If you have other sUAS you leave the Hobby # on them (hobby # is for you as the operator on all strictly hobby aircraft) if they are flown strictly for hobby. If they are flown for Commercial also each and every one will need to have it's own Commercial Reg #. Commercial Reg asks you for the specific serial # of the aircraft.

THANK YOU for the clarification and fast response, BigAl. I appreciate it!

Reactions: BigAl07
THANK YOU for the clarification and fast response, BigAl. I appreciate it!

My pleasure. I get lucky once in a while and have a solid answer ready quickly LOL.

Reactions: KAOS Imagery

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka