Hobby Ace is the worst

Reaction score
I'm sorry but hobby ace has to be the worst seller or retailer I have ever purchased something from.

I went a head and signed up for the 50% deal I found on here and bought a backpack. When I received it, and put my stock drone in the case the foam came no where close to holding it. I took pictures and sent it to them. 5 days later their response was I replaced the landing gear and told me to purchase regular landing gear. I took the following picture.

e36454583d254b7540a2cd18a40b89c5.jpg

Their second response was to just zip it up and it will be okay. Just zip up my 500 drone and it will be okay. Yup okay no you can have your crap back.

You can clearly tell something happened with the foam.

ed9863637ed2d32975275debfb285e4c.jpg

Here is the drone sitting in the case.

9759d8c41dd60907efcc15ce971e9479.jpg

Then them wanting me to write a nice review about the product. Ha no way.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The Standard is taller then the Pro and advanced, looks like you got the wrong case plain and simple...

I did a search for this data. Where is this posted?

The Standard is taller then the Pro and advanced, looks like you got the wrong case plain and simple...

By 5mm. This should not require a different case (DJI sells one case for all P3s anyway) and I think it's clear from the OP's photos that the foam in the case sold is defective. It looks like it was heated and compressed.

Last edited:
Yes exactly. I sent these exact pictures hobby ace.

5mm difference will definitely make it not seat properly in its foam sleeve. While I do agree that the foam in the backpack has been heated, I do believe the OP purchased the wrong backpack.

just looks like a junk product. That is standing out of the foam by way more than 5mm (some of you guys seem to have a weird sense of what 5mm looks like...)

No luck with the Phantom 3 Plus Vision Professional Happy Fun Time You Buy Now Bag, I guess.

Reactions: Justin Price
just looks like a junk product. That is standing out of the foam by way more than 5mm (some of you guys seem to have a weird sense of what 5mm looks like...)

No luck with the Phantom 3 Plus Vision Professional Happy Fun Time You Buy Now Bag, I guess.

Yes, exactly.

The thing had 0 reviews and a description like this:

• DJI Phantom 3 Vision Professional packback bag. The foam are precut to fit your Phantom 3 Vision and radio perfectly into it. It has more than enough room to fit your accessories into it If you have FPV gears such as ground monitor, video transmitter, brushless gimbal and Gopro, you can still fit everything into the case by cutting a few foam very easily. It has ample room and foams so you will have a lot flexibility to modify its space for your specific need.
  • This bag is good to phantom 3 vision ,phantom 3.
  • Please don't Compare this Great bag with the Cheap one -
  • This is office store bag for DJI Phantom 3 Professional
  • More DJI phantom accessory products are provided by Hobby-Ace on Amazon.Bring your eyes into the sky and racing like a free bird, enjoy the ultimate first person view experience.
And you still purchased it....

Reactions: Justin Price
Here is the link to the exact item purchased

Hobby-Ace DJI Phantom 3 Bag Backpack Shoulder Carrying Case Box Amazon.com : Hobby-Ace DJI Phantom 3 Bag Backpack Shoulder Carrying Case Box : Electronics

Certainly they don't have a clue as to what they are selling as it's listed to fit the Phantom 3 Vision (mistake between the (Phantom 2 and Phantom 3). They probably are just using the companies description that is knocking off the case.

I can tell you the 5mm would not make the difference as I have had a P3S and currently have a P3A and I use the same case.. although my case is the DJI hard shell but you can tell that the case in the picture above is messed up

5mm? No, look it up on the internet, it's a simple search, even I found it myself easily... Look at the photo's - 8.89mm Body Height Difference, then look at the pic from their add you posted. That's not a standard in the box... And yea, the foam looks like crap in their pic also. It says in their add that it's for the Phantom 3 Pro way down in their description. Sorry you bought the wrong case but it doesn't say that it fits a P3S anywhere... The first pic is the P3Standard Dimensions, the second is the P3Advanced/Pro, the 3rd is their case pic from the add
large_p1_3bbee3ad-6cbf-4c83-a1e3-ff4870a570e4_2048x20482.jpg
P2_P3_Size_frontskids_height.jpg
51aJK6NsXRL._SX355_.jpg

Last edited:
lol yeah that last 3.9mm is the crucial difference! If you think the difference in where the bird sits in OP's pic and where it sits in the last pic you provided is <9mm I'd check your verniers

5mm difference will definitely make it not seat properly in its foam sleeve. While I do agree that the foam in the backpack has been heated, I do believe the OP purchased the wrong backpack.
Sure, it might not seat exactly right but this is a 3-4cm disparity. Not 5mm.

The whole discussion can be dismissed on logic alone: do we really think that a mass produced, cheaply made, FOAM lined pack is being manufactured to a 5mm (or 8mm) tolerance? Come on...

lol yeah that last 3.9mm is the crucial difference! If you think the difference in where the bird sits in OP's pic and where it sits in the last pic you provided is <9mm I'd check your verniers
the ops pic is simply his pic and it doesn't show the inside or how it's seated, It looks like it was put in 90° off from the pic shown in the add. My cases have a cut out in the bottom for the feet to fit into and if you turn it 90°, it won't fit down into the case. The base of the standard is larger, it's really isn't hard to modify any foam case provided that there's enough room in the first place. I'm not saying that the case is perfect, only he can see it himself. It only fits one way and we can tell from his pic that he put in his review, that he has put it in 90° off from how it's shown in the add. If the foam is trash then send it back, but there maybe tracks in the bottom making it only able to fit one way, that's usual... One pic is from the add, the other is from his review, the 90° difference is obvious
51aJK6NsXRL._SX355_.jpg
case90° off.jpg

Reactions: bbfpv

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers