HML650 Retractable Landing Gear Help???

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Multi-Rotor Lovers,

This is my first post so please be kind if I step on any toes however I believe this is the most appropriate place for this topic/post. ;)

I just received retractable landing gear from China which are supposed to fit stock Phantom 2s. I have two Phantom 2s with 3D gimbals. I am attempting to connect the landing gear to the existing RX/TX. Is there anyone on here who has done this before or can help? I have seen where you use a code with the course lock switch up and down 3 times for down gear and 4 times for up, however I can not find where I found the wiring diagram before.

I think this would be a great post if we could work together for a fix as I have been searching for a few hours and have yet to find anything comprehensive. Or maybe I am just missing it... Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

(That was all I had! :) )

Is your problem trying to figure out how to program the transmitter or connecting within the Phantom? I may be wrong, but I will be corrected if that is the case!
I believe that with a gimbal installed, the Phantom's receiver doesn't have an extra channel. If I am right, I doubt the transmitter has one either.

But, I had a mild stroke yesterday, so don't trust anything that I say. :)

Thank you for your welcome! ;)

I am trying to work out how to connect it to the controller to give it a signal from the stock upgraded remote. I see open spots on the Naza hence I believe there is a way. I have also seen a code with the top left switch flipped 3 and 4 times to control the landing gear but cant find where they connected it to the Naza. So I am not thinking a full channel just a code within maybe.

I hope you are feeling better. ;) Always helps me to fly

uniqueview said:
Thank you for your welcome! ;)

I am trying to work out how to connect it to the controller to give it a signal from the stock upgraded remote. I see open spots on the Naza hence I believe there is a way. I have also seen a code with the top left switch flipped 3 and 4 times to control the landing gear but cant find where they connected it to the Naza. So I am not thinking a full channel just a code within maybe.

I hope you are feeling better. ;) Always helps me to fly

Open spots or unused connectors on the Naza do not indicate there is more capability.
The firmware really defines the enabled functionality.

I have only seen one way to do this with a DJI OEM transmitter.
It requires a custom interface which connects thru the Rx to X2 (S2) cable.

It is sold by RC Depot along with their L-gear set.
I don't know if they sell the interface alone or if it will work with your L-gear set.

Here's a video of the install: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As6Ixk3HCnQ

Yes, thank you thats the video I saw. There has to be another way, if they are able to get a signal out of the port we should be able to use the same signal to coordinate the signal wire on the control box on the landing gear I purchased... just need to know exactly what the signal is exactly...???

I contacted RC Depot to see if they sell the control mod separately or if they would provide a logic diagram of the signalling to the gear. I will update this thread with their reply.

I know there has to be another way to do this.

uniqueview said:
Yes, thank you thats the video I saw. There has to be another way, if they are able to get a signal out of the port we should be able to use the same signal to coordinate the signal wire on the control box on the landing gear I purchased... just need to know exactly what the signal is exactly...???

I contacted RC Depot to see if they sell the control mod separately or if they would provide a logic diagram of the signalling to the gear. I will update this thread with their reply.

I know there has to be another way to do this.

No one is stating there aren't other ways.
To my knowledge there is only one way commercially available at this time for use with OEM Tx.

The 'signal' or rather the comm. protocol used between the Rx and the Naza is called 'S-bus'.
I believe it was created by Futaba. Not positive. Either way, you can research it.

There's no other way to do it but to 'tap' into the S-bus.
RCDepot has designed an interface to decode the S-bus serial data and used the X2 channel's data for its input to their interface. They then decode the data and generate a PWM signal to drive a servo on each leg set.

Edit/Add: I looked at your L-gear on-line. Definitely needs a PWM control signal input.

Thank you Frank!! Exactly what I was looking for.

I had seen it needed a PWM control input however wasn't sure how they were signaling it. Being serial should it not be too bad to de-code?

It may be just easier to set up a separate control for the landing gear however the RTH feature could have issues. Or just build a more advanced quad from ground up.

Ok, now that I think this through a bit more, so your saying the interface RC Depot created decodes the signal between the RX and the Naza not using the intelligence in the Naza itself?

Also, wouldnt the box included with L-gear set the PWM signals to a static on and off, from the black and white wires? My thinking is I send a 5v signal down the line to turn on then off whatever degree servo turn is coded in the included circuit? Am I off based going down this path?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.