Hivemapper connection issue

NRJ

Reaction score
Today I was out flying testing various things as well as Hivemapper. I downloaded it 1 1/2 months ago. I decided to test it today. Previously, in my home, I tested it and it connected but then lost connection. I heard they had issues with connection so after about 3 updates, I thought, it should be okay. I took it out today, got connected after the second try. Took it up and started testing it. I was using my older Samsung Galaxy S4 (has to be a cell phone) and I flew near a tree and was waiting for it to tell me the height, and distance I was from it. It only kept loading. The distance from ground was the only useful telemetry it gave me. I decided to move to another building that maybe would be better identified as a solid substance/building. Again, it was only loading.

Then, I moved around the building and kept trying to get it to tell me the height and distance I was from it to no avail. Then I started to return, and the program shut down. No signal, no program. I knew I still had control of the AC so I didn't panic. The Hivemapper app came up again but without any connection. I closed it. I then pressed the RC RTH button and it started to return to home. Once close enough, I pushed the RTH button again to stop the RTH and brought it home on my own. Scary for a while but all's well that ends well. I don't have much good to say about Hivemapper at this time. They need to solidfy their connection details. I kept my bird close to the home point for this very reason. Hope this helps anyone testing this app. I hope they get it fixed as I think I would like the possibilities of this app.

I didnt know what hivemapper was, so I googled it, visited their website which crashed like 5x in as many minutes. So I take it, hivemapper is a tool to crash things ? :).

Reactions: NRJ
Desktop, chrome on windows. Tried again, and didnt take long:
snap.PNG

10 seconds later:
rats.PNG

Today I was out flying testing various things as well as Hivemapper. I downloaded it 1 1/2 months ago. I decided to test it today. Previously, in my home, I tested it and it connected but then lost connection. I heard they had issues with connection so after about 3 updates, I thought, it should be okay. I took it out today, got connected after the second try. Took it up and started testing it. I was using my older Samsung Galaxy S4 (has to be a cell phone) and I flew near a tree and was waiting for it to tell me the height, and distance I was from it. It only kept loading. The distance from ground was the only useful telemetry it gave me. I decided to move to another building that maybe would be better identified as a solid substance/building. Again, it was only loading.

Then, I moved around the building and kept trying to get it to tell me the height and distance I was from it to no avail. Then I started to return, and the program shut down. No signal, no program. I knew I still had control of the AC so I didn't panic. The Hivemapper app came up again but without any connection. I closed it. I then pressed the RC RTH button and it started to return to home. Once close enough, I pushed the RTH button again to stop the RTH and brought it home on my own. Scary for a while but all's well that ends well. I don't have much good to say about Hivemapper at this time. They need to solidfy their connection details. I kept my bird close to the home point for this very reason. Hope this helps anyone testing this app. I hope they get it fixed as I think I would like the possibilities of this app.

Thanks for the honest feedback. We aim to do better and I am sorry you had a disappointing experience. A couple of things:

1) Can you share a bit more about where you were flying? There is not 100% coverage of building objects, but if you provide a bit more details I can tell you more about what we have and don't have. Regardless, if we don't have the data in that area we should tell you.

2) You can now download the maps to fly in offline mode, so you do not need a cell connection. This was just launched a few days ago.

3) I am reviewing why the app shut down in this case -- if you can DM me your email address I can verify for certain. Many thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers