Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Hitec 44169 X4-Eighty 4-Port Multicharger Battery Charger

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GRehbein, Apr 21, 2014.

1. GRehbein

I am new to the forum and waiting on my P2V+ to ship. I'm looking for some suggestions as to battery chargers. What do you recommend? I was looking for a charger that I could use when I am out flying. Does anyone recommend charging in the field or just having extra batteries? I was looking at the Hitec 44169 X4-Eighty 4-Port Multicharger or should I be looking for something like the Hitec X4 AC Plus 4 Port AC/DC Multi-Charger and just charge at home? I am open to suggestions or recommendations.

2. IrishSights

3. rilot

Re: Hitec 44169 X4-Eighty 4-Port Multicharger Battery Charge

Whatever charger you choose, if you want to charge Vision, Vision+ and P2 batteries you need a charger that can do a program fe charge (lead acid). LiPo programs won't work because the intelligence is in the battery.

I just use the stock charger most of the time and with an inverter in the field.

4. mcmax20

Same here, I have an inverter with a 12V @ 10A capacity from the cigarette lighter, this lets me use 2 of the DJI chargers (12V @ 4A each) without having to hard wire to the battery.

5. tubino

You're probably fine but for load level matching you need to compare the 120 vac inverter output with the 120 vac pull of the charger X 2.

6. GRehbein

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll be headed for the inverter option based on your feedback.