Highest power fpv transmitter

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've had my phantom 2 for about two years now and I have never done fpv. I'm looming at the Black Mambo which is listed as 2000 mw. This seems pretty good, and I like the compact case. Is there a better transmitter out there, or is this a safe bet?

There is no point going for a really high powered TX. Better antennae will give more range and you won't drain the flight battery so quickly.

2W does not sound like a lot of draw on the battery, but the efficiency is only about 30%, so you are actually requiring up to nearly 1 amp to drive the TX. I found when running a similar TX, my flight battery was noticeably warmer and it knocked a couple of minutes off the flying time.

A 600mW Immersion will give almost the same range and is much more efficient. With good, well match antennae and a good receiver, 1Km is quite achievable and some manage much more!

There is no point going for a really high powered TX. Better antennae will give more range and you won't drain the flight battery so quickly.

2W does not sound like a lot of draw on the battery, but the efficiency is only about 30%, so you are actually requiring up to nearly 1 amp to drive the TX. I found when running a similar TX, my flight battery was noticeably warmer and it knocked a couple of minutes off the flying time.

A 600mW Immersion will give almost the same range and is much more efficient. With good, well match antennae and a good receiver, 1Km is quite achievable and some manage much more!

Thanks. That is the answer I was sort of expecting. After looking into it more, 600mw seems to be a more popular power level and is 1/3 the draw of the 2w unit. Thanks for the input.

Really with a good set of 5.8's the 250 mw gets ya 2 plus miles! I've used everything and now use imers. 600 on a p2 set up for long distance (4 miles)
And for the p2 w/gopro i use boscom 1000 for clarity

2w transmitters can be a little much. We had a customer take his phantom 2 out so far that he didnt have enough battery to make it back.

Really with a good set of 5.8's the 250 mw gets ya 2 plus miles! I've used everything and now use imers. 600 on a p2 set up for long distance (4 miles)
And for the p2 w/gopro i use boscom 1000 for clarity

Just to clarify both your statements your quads didn't get between 1 to 4 miles had nothing to do video TX you suing. Those transmitters only controlled the video clarity without dropouts or few dropouts. What actually carried those quads those distances were the RC controllers and the receive onboard.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj