High Wind - Great results. Windsurfing video (P3P)

Reaction score
Hey,

Made this video yesterday on the Gold Coast of my friends windsurfing.
Wind was around 15-20 knots on average with gusts up to 25 knots.

The phantom handled very well, nice and stable in the high wind, as can be seen in the video.
When the wind was at its highest, maximum upwind speed was about 4m/s. Downwind it reached some incredible sum (24+) but I didn't look properly as it was going so fast I had to keep an eye on my distance and bearing.

Take off and landing were only possible by hand of course.

Very stable, and I am very impressed at its performance in such a high wind.
I would say that this is probably the maximum wind it can handle. If it were gusting even a little higher, upwind speed would be almost negligible.

great work mate - only 1 piece of advise - stop filming windsurfers and start filming kite surfers :p

ps what drone? :) i have a p3s and want to film guys on kites but worried about the upwind ability when its pushing.

Haha kites are harder due to their long lines and if there are many of them you have a much higher chance of one of them hitting your drone. I was using the p3p.

Hey,

Made this video yesterday on the Gold Coast of my friends windsurfing.
Wind was around 15-20 knots on average with gusts up to 25 knots.

The phantom handled very well, nice and stable in the high wind, as can be seen in the video.
When the wind was at its highest, maximum upwind speed was about 4m/s. Downwind it reached some incredible sum (24+) but I didn't look properly as it was going so fast I had to keep an eye on my distance and bearing.

Take off and landing were only possible by hand of course.

Very stable, and I am very impressed at its performance in such a high wind.
I would say that this is probably the maximum wind it can handle. If it were gusting even a little higher, upwind speed would be almost negligible.

Impressive.....both for the P3 and your flying. Well done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1