High speed descents

duneview said:
I had a crash today.. was defending and the craft started wobbling and plummeted to earth.
Could this be from defending too fast?

Defending? Against birds?

duneview said:
I had a crash today.. was defending and the craft started wobbling and plummeted to earth.
Could this be from defending too fast?
Did you try to apply more throttle ? It has never happened to me so cannot say for certain but it does sound like you could have encountered the dreaded Settling with power. See the video that bigben linked to in this thread viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7902&start=20

ha ha.. sorry.. descended!!.. not defended.
I did try adding more throttle, but it was too late.. would forward movement have rescued the situation, and would att mode have helped avoid this?

Adding throttle would not have helped if you were fully established in the state, moving laterally out of the wash would have.

Atti mode may have helped a bit in the sense that you would have drifted with the wind and may have drifted out of the wash, however the wash may also be drifting with the wind. Lateral movement without adding throttle, then recover with throttle when away from the wash is the way to go.

You just have to hope that you are able to resist the urge to power up out of the situation should it happen. As Pull_Up says, the first response is to move forwards, away from the vortex the P2V has created (I presume sideways would also work).

Okay so I have trained in an actual helicopter before. Part of training is to enter ring vortex state and experience it. The way to exit the situation is to reduce power move out of the vortex and regain control... simple but you can't panic.

thanks for all the advise.. expensive lesson, but Dronexpert asked me to return the gimbal for repair

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20