High pitch noise coming from the phantom

Reaction score
hello folks, I'm not sure if it's been covered before but when I fly my phantom 2v2 I hear some kind of high pitch noise coming from the phantom, is not super loud but I can hear it. The bird flys just perfect but I'm not sure if the noise is normal or i should be looking for something wrong. Please advice and thanks in advance.

Hello RafaelS! I also have a phantom 2v2.Try this.....Start the motors without props and then stop them.Check if all the motors stop together, If not maybe there is a problem with a motor. Turn the motors with your hand and check if all the motors turn free and there is not something blocking them.Also check that your props have no damages.

Reactions: Mako79
Hello RafaelS! I also have a phantom 2v2.Try this.....Start the motors without props and then stop them.Check if all the motors stop together, If not maybe there is a problem with a motor. Turn the motors with your hand and check if all the motors turn free and there is not something blocking them.Also check that your props have no damages.
Hello, so I checked everything you told me to and everything seems to be working just fine, as I posted before the quad flys just normal it's just that notice that I don't know where is coming from. Could it be the gimbal making interference?

hello folks, I'm not sure if it's been covered before but when I fly my phantom 2v2 I hear some kind of high pitch noise coming from the phantom, is not super loud but I can hear it. The bird flys just perfect but I'm not sure if the noise is normal or i should be looking for something wrong. Please advice and thanks in advance.

You may have a bad bearing in one of the motors. With the props on see if there is any lateral movement any movement in the bearings or the bearing may be seated and is spinning causing the noise. Then pull up on all of them to see if the C clips are connected.

I have a motor on my desk where both bearings are not seated and there was lateral movement. Either both bearing were not the correct size or the motor seats were not to specs causing the bearings to spin.

Reactions: iowahill
You may have a bad bearing in one of the motors. With the props on see if there is any lateral movement any movement in the bearings or the bearing may be seated and is spinning causing the noise. Then pull up on all of them to see if the C clips are connected.

I have a motor on my desk where both bearings are not seated and there was lateral movement. Either both bearing were not the correct size or the motor seats were not to specs causing the bearings to spin.
No lateral movement at all, I turn on the quad with one prop at the time and I don't hear any weird noise at all. Would it be dangerous to just keep on flying it like that since I really don't know what the issue is?

No lateral movement at all, I turn on the quad with one prop at the time and I don't hear any weird noise at all. Would it be dangerous to just keep on flying it like that since I really don't know what the issue is?

That's up to you.

I think thats normal. Mines always made some high pitched whining sound. I think its because the motors are burshless? Maybe?

I think thats normal. Mines always made some high pitched whining sound. I think its because the motors are burshless? Maybe?
It could be, as mine flys just perfect but to be honest with you I never noticed it till couple weeks ago. Maybe coz I don't fly it as much since I got my phantom 3 so I want to sell the phantom 2 but I just want to make sure it's in really good shape before it goes

Can you put up a short vid ?

To be honest she sounds like my P2 the only thing I seen was a little glitch with the gimbal .

I've been meaning to ask about the high-pitched whine on my P2. I've heard it from day one. I'm hoping it's just a normal noise and doesn't indicate impending failure!

I'd lean toward a bad bearing too. If the pitch changes with throttle input, you've pretty much confirmed it. Take the props off and bench-test it.

Mine's done it since I got it in May '14.

No bad bearings, all motors original, similar in operating temp., flight times ~20 min.

Can you put up a short vid ?

IrixGuys phantom 3 does it too!! Listen really closely at 16:16 (16 minutes and 16 seconds) Into the video.

You can hear a little high pitch squeal at times while he is hovering his quad

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Never.
They're sealed.

Adding lube is only superficial and just retains foreign material.

I got out of nitro models to get away from the oily grime.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31