High Pitch Motor Noise

wju

Reaction score
Landed my phantom 3 pro today and it tipped over in the grass and the two rear motor blades hung up in the grass and the motors started making a high pitched noise. Tried to shut motors off but could not do so with the controller so I took the battery out while noticing smoke coming from the two rear motors plus they were too hot to touch.
So my question is how to tell if the motors are ok or should I just replace them and third where would be the best place to send in for repair besides DJI
Thx fox any suggestions

Landed my phantom 3 pro today and it tipped over in the grass and the two rear motor blades hung up in the grass and the motors started making a high pitched noise. Tried to shut motors off but could not do so with the controller so I took the battery out while noticing smoke coming from the two rear motors plus they were too hot to touch.
So my question is how to tell if the motors are ok or should I just replace them and third where would be the best place to send in for repair besides DJI
Thx fox any suggestions
The motors are like $18, it is an easy repair if you know how to solder. If you don't you can watch a couple youtube videos. Just remember to pre-tin the wires and it will be easy.

The fun part is prying the phantom out.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My P3p landed awkwardly toppling over in the bushes and two blades spun in the dirt(hence high pitchnoise)motors shutoff upon landing. No real damage only my pride lol...DJI must make the motors fairly resillent as most Pilots have tipovers every now and then.

I let the motors cool down and started her back up, everything seems ok no funny noises sounds like the familiar whine. I'm hesitant but think I'll try an easy flight tomorrow if no wind

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub