High Capacity Batteries

Reaction score
I've been hunting for the new high capacity 5870mahr batteries and I just got lucky at Multicopter Warehouse.

They said they were in-stock and I ordered 3 of them which would bring me to 6 batteries total with 4 being the high capacity type.

Brian

I have three new batteries, the one high capacity (5870mahr) battery that came with the P4P and two of the standard 5350mahr batteries. I thought it might be difficult getting the new batteries and I needed more batteries for a trip I plan to take in the next week or so and I purchased the two standard batteries as backup.

I have flown three flight with the 5870 battery getting an average of just over 20 minutes with my last flight at just over 22 minutes while landing at about 27%. The standard batteries have given me an average just under 18 minutes with a high of 18.6 minutes while landing at about 27%.

So, call it 2+ minutes longer flights to 27% or so but if you were to push it or need to push it the max flight time would likely be closer to 2.8 minutes longer -- useful if you go out too far.

Brian

Thanks for the info Brian.

And of course my order with the DJI Store for an extra battery (made in the first hours of product introduction) is still pending while stateside vendors are starting to get them in stock. The DJI Store is USELESS.

And of course my order with the DJI Store for an extra battery (made in the first hours of product introduction) is still pending while stateside vendors are starting to get them in stock. The DJI Store is USELESS.

I feel your pain!

Brian

I have three new batteries, the one high capacity (5870mahr) battery that came with the P4P and two of the standard 5350mahr batteries. I thought it might be difficult getting the new batteries and I needed more batteries for a trip I plan to take in the next week or so and I purchased the two standard batteries as backup.

I have flown three flight with the 5870 battery getting an average of just over 20 minutes with my last flight at just over 22 minutes while landing at about 27%. The standard batteries have given me an average just under 18 minutes with a high of 18.6 minutes while landing at about 27%.

So, call it 2+ minutes longer flights to 27% or so but if you were to push it or need to push it the max flight time would likely be closer to 2.8 minutes longer -- useful if you go out too far.

Brian
It's it funny DJI claims like 22 minutes and 30...never happens.

Been droning since June, bought a ton of stuff since then, placed 3 orders with DJI all canceled...One thing I've learned in this short time is NEVER ORDER FORM DJI!

Just a heads up--I am finding if I use the batteries from my P4 in the P4 Pro although they work fine I get a Firmware mismatch warning in the App--

If I then using the Assistant 2 to update the firmware for the Batteries it updates them very quickly and the Mismatch warning goes away in the P4 Pro Go 4 app--

BUT THEN when I put them back in the P4 the Mismatch warning returns....

I have gone through this cycle a few times and the results are always the same

It does NOT seem to affect the normal use of the P4 or P4 PRO at all!!

Just sort of a pain in the neck

Jack

Aerial Media Pros now have the High Capacity Batteries in stock as well...
Was that from their web site or did you actually call them? I noticed the 'high capacity' battery listed on their web site and was about to order, but called them first to make sure it really was the part 64 / 5870 mah battery and was told 'no, those are still pre-order'. Not sure why they say otherwise on their web site. :(

I guess I could order from Multicopter but they charge $15 for ground shipping while most others ship for free. I guess not a big deal after spending $1799 but still irks me a bit, dunno why.

Last edited:
Was that from their web site or did you actually call them? I noticed the 'high capacity' battery listed on their web site and was about to order, but called them first to make sure it really was the part 64 / 5870 mah battery and was told 'no, those are still pre-order'. Not sure why they say otherwise on their web site. :(

I guess I could order from Multicopter but they charge $15 for ground shipping while most others ship for free. I guess not a big deal after spending $1799 but still irks me a bit, dunno why.
Aerial sent a mailer out announcing they were in stock..

Aerial Media Pros has them. Patrick just called me and let me know they have them in

Hi Everyone,

I am curious as to what percentage level you you all fly down to once the UAV is on the ground? I am new to DJI but not new to UAV's. I fly a much larger UAV's but I going to bite the bullet and buy the P4 Pro to add to my growing collection of UAV's. This is a hobby that just continues to grow and $$$ flow from my bank account.

bymXvZ.jpg
QtVFOB.jpg

Currently fly with a highly modified GoPro 4 Black but look forward to the P4 Pro camera...

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I am curious as to what percentage level you you all fly down to once the UAV is on the ground? I am new to DJI but not new to UAV's. I fly a much larger UAV's but I going to bite the bullet and buy the P4 Pro to add to my growing collection of UAV's. This is a hobby that just continues to grow and $$$ flow from my bank account.

Currently fly with a highly modified GoPro 4 Black but look forward to the P4 Pro camera...

Nice Sedona video Keith. How long ago did you film that? Was it before the new FAA rules? I think I saw the mesa where they have their airport (but you never flew up to the airport's altitude if I recall correctly - so it wouldn't have been a problem as far as I know) anyway I'm curious if there was any negative reaction from anyone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik