Hi

Reaction score
Hi i need help i just got my goprohero 3 im trying to install it on mu phantom but its up side down ??? How can i moint it on the right side with the original gopro water proof case ?
Also if i use the phantom case for gopro its not tight enough so im scared of loosing it on a flight !
Also is it true that if i use the wifi from my iphone i can loose my phantom cause of interference ?? Thanks in advance for the help

Rocky321 said:
Hi i need help i just got my goprohero 3 im trying to install it on mu phantom but its up side down ??? How can i moint it on the right side with the original gopro water proof case ?
Also if i use the phantom case for gopro its not tight enough so im scared of loosing it on a flight !
Also is it true that if i use the wifi from my iphone i can loose my phantom cause of interference ?? Thanks in advance for the help

Hey, first i suggest you download and read all capabilities of your great GoPro Hero 3.
http://gopro.com/support/product-manuals-support

Then you'll see you can setup the camera with front and top buttons accesing the menus and change direction UP or DOWN when using waterproof case.
Also i suggest to use waterproof case because it provides better protection, specially while begining with your phantom flights and filming. Finally, with stock thin gopro support Hero3 is not tight, so cut some foam or sorbathane and put on the back for get camera more secured on support. Waterproof case will give you better video shooting than the support that came with phantom.

Rocky321 said:

I suspect your pretty new at flying the Phantom as well as your GoPro. As a fellow beginner, I feel like I would like to jump in with a bit of advice about what has been on my mind after reviewing my own experience so far. I've had my Phantom two months, love it like a brother, and fly it just about every day. When people ask me about getting one, I tell them that I think it is very easy to fly right out of the box...but keeping it flying is maybe a different matter. It's deceptively easy, so that you can get the Phantom into real trouble very quickly, and seemingly out of nowhere if you aren't taking the entire process seriously enough.

Please watch the videos and thoroughly read the print materials. When you are done, watch and read everything over again. Constantly keep tabs on this and other forums for any information you can get, although I wouldn't blindly adopt everything you read. Practice different flight maneuvers and flying scenarios so that you be ready for the unexpected. You'll get the more and more out the entire experience while you get more confident and adventurous with your flying.

Sorry to sound like a know it all, but I thought maybe my hindsight would be worth a moment or two of your time.

As for the GoPro, it is a great little camera, and I say that with 25 years of video production experience. Jumanoc already gave a great reply to your actual question, so I don't need to comment on that. Good luck, and happy flying!

I heartily agree that the Phantom is very easy to fly out-of-the-box. After a few weeks of flying I can also say that the Phantom is very easy to crash. After a couple of near fatal crashes I'm becoming more and more cautious.

Yeh- best advice is that the GoPro can be programmed to work upside down.

Another thing I found: when I originally mounted the GoPro Hero 3 Black under the Phantom, I found the lens to be somewhat off centre, which meant that the landing gear on one side kept getting into the field of view too much when I took a picture.

To correct this, I bought a plastic screw, two nuts, and a rubber washer and then was able to mount the GoPro slightly to one side (between the middle and the outside slots in the coupling), and therefore, with the lens more towards the centre between the landing gear struts. This made all the difference in the world in terms of removing the landing gear struts from the pictures.

I'll try and take a picture of this to make it clearer what I mean.

FrankB said:
Yeh- best advice is that the GoPro can be programmed to work upside down.

Another thing I found: when I originally mounted the GoPro Hero 3 Black under the Phantom, I found the lens to be somewhat off centre, which meant that the landing gear on one side kept getting into the field of view too much when I took a picture.

To correct this, I bought a plastic screw, two nuts, and a rubber washer and then was able to mount the GoPro slightly to one side (between the middle and the outside slots in the coupling), and therefore, with the lens more towards the centre between the landing gear struts. This made all the difference in the world in terms of removing the landing gear struts from the pictures.

I'll try and take a picture of this to make it clearer what I mean.

Hey, note that thin gopro stock support that comes with phantom can be turned front to back and just you'll get the lens centered.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4