Hi Yall from Mississippi

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Reactions: Tommy J 111
Tommy, I live near Poplarville and have a P4 with over 100 flights. This is not a cheap hobby, but it is a lot of fun to fly and learn all about the sport/hobby. I started only four years ago with radio controlled aircraft.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Tommy, I live near Poplarville and have a P4 with over 100 flights. This is not a cheap hobby, but it is a lot of fun to fly and learn all about the sport/hobby. I started only four years ago with radio controlled aircraft.
Should i but a $100.00 drone first to learn on or go straight to p4?
And what about used ones?

Should i but a $100.00 drone first to learn on or go straight to p4?
I'd personally skip the $100 drone. Cheap drones do not fly like DJI drones.

I'd personally skip the $100 drone. Cheap drones do not fly like DJI drones.

A $100 dollars drone do not fly like a phantom, however if it's great if you want to learn manual flying instead of GPS assisted flying.

A $100 dollars drone do not fly like a phantom, however if it's great if you want to learn manual flying instead of GPS assisted flying.
All Phantoms can be manually switched to ATTI mode, so there is no need to go elsewhere to learn how ATTI mode feels when flying a Phantom. The key is to try that out when flying in a wide open area that's free of all obstacles.

All Phantoms can be manually switched to ATTI mode, so there is no need to go elsewhere to learn how ATTI mode feels when flying a Phantom. The key is to try that out when flying in a wide open area that's free of all obstacles.

Understand that I know that all phantoms can be switched on to manual flying with ATTI, however the phantoms cost a lot of money and some people prefer to learn and crash a $100 dollars drone than a $500 dollars one.

Reactions: Craig H
phantoms cost a lot of money and some people prefer to learn and crash a $100 dollars drone than a $500 dollars one.
Understood. Since you are a Phantom owner, I'm sure you can confirm that it would be hard to crash a Phantom in a wide open area (even when flying in ATTI mode). At that point, the only obstacle is the ground -- and you'd have to throttle down to hit it.

FWIW, I'm just trying to save the OP $100. It's really not a good investment since the skills from such a drone would never translate over to a Phantom.

Tommy, do you have someone close that has experience and can help you to get started regardless of what drone you purchase initially? Initial success is important.

Msinger, with respect, one crash with a Phantom will put Tommy out $$$ and a month if he is lucky. Can't learn to fly waiting on DJI for repairs. Got to get back up, don't make the same mistake and fly, fly, fly.

Msinger, with respect, one crash with a Phantom will put Tommy out $$$ and a month if he is lucky.
I'm with you on that one. One cannot stress the importance of reading and fully understanding the Phantom manual prior to flying enough -- and practicing with the aircraft the pilot is trying to learn in a wide open location. There is simply no replacement IMHO.

well i lost the first cheap one and the second ones waiting on a plastic gear that pushes a prop.
cheapos areeadier to crash and easier to pay for, flip a coin??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr