Hi, Love the forum,having issues getting in though.

Reaction score
I have recently become a Phantom Pilot, and am learning a lot from reading the forums, when I can access them. For some reason I am now down to only one of my devices will actually load the site. I used to be able to get in on all but one of my iMac's,my iPad,s,iPhone, and even the wife's pc. But for some reason now all I get is Page cannot be displayed error, server is not responding, or something to that effect.
I have even installed the Phantompilot app, which never fully loads either.
I have tried everything short of reinstalling the operating system on most of the equipment I have, but still no joy. For some reason the iMac I am on now seems to access the site effectively, but I fear that soon it may stop suddenly as well, then I will be unable to get to the site at all.
Is there something that I perhaps have missed that someone can think of that I could try so that I can once again read from whichever device I happen to be at?
I have cleared all caches, rebooted router, have all current updates. I am at a loss to understand why they are all of a sudden unable to load your site.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks, and I hope I am able to continue to to learn from your forum, and perhaps contribute some helpful info in the future.

Hello Wrangled. Sorry to hear your having issues. The site has not had any known outages so possibly it is your internet provider? I use a browser on my devices to view the site instead of the app as that is my personal preference... maybe that will work for you?

What type & speed is your internet connection?

Well I am using high speed, doesn't seem to have an effect on the iMac I am running now. We are able to stream without issue.
I have attempted multiple browsers, from firefox to chrome to safari to IE. I am able to access any other site on the web I desire, but for some reason Phantompilots is a no go!
I also prefer the browser experience, but am willing to try anything to continue to gain access. But like I said, even the dedicated app does not get me in.

I have trouble sometimes too and I have 100M cable.. With Chrome on a WinXP Pro machine I get connectoin timeouts and have to reload sometimes. I have not figured out how to fix it on the XP machine. Another XP machine is fine, as are the Win 7 machine and Samsung tablets. I believe lengthening the server timeout in your browser might help.

I am surprised to hear this. I only have a 50gb connection (as much as is available here), and I never get these timeouts. There have been times in the past where this happened on the old server before the moving as the site grew. I personally use iDevices and Macs with Safari. I will follow this thread to see if you post a solution and I will see if there is anything that can be done on this end.

I am surprised to hear this. I only have a 50gb connection (as much as is available here), and I never get these timeouts. There have been times in the past where this happened on the old server before the moving as the site grew. I personally use iDevices and Macs with Safari. I will follow this thread to see if you post a solution and I will see if there is anything that can be done on this end.
From the work I have done on solving my problem with PP, it does not seem to be a ISP speed issue, but more like a browser efficiency/speed issue. If I can figure it out I will post back. I even tried it on a Win XP Pro 64 bit hot rod and it had problems too.

I have been attempting to resolve on this end, deleted network connections, changed DNS,nothing seems to help.I have run out of things to try. I have not found a way to change the length of time setting before timing out, but am not holding out much hope of that fixing the issue anyways.
Please keep us posted on your progress Kirby.
Thanks

I have this problem on my iPad air 2. For some reason it will not connect to the app or site using the 4g connection. I have to turn on the hotspot on my phone and use that connection. Both work great that way. My android phone, PC and MacBook Pro do not have this problem. Not sure why, everything else on the iPad will use it's 4g . You might give it a try.

Sent from my XT1097 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the same issue with my iPhone 7+ the app and the website will not load a thread unless on wifi if I'm connected to AT&T LTE i just get an error thread deleted.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have the same issue with my iPhone 7+ the app and the website will not load a thread unless on wifi if I'm connected to AT&T LTE i just get an error thread deleted.

I have this same issue, have to be on wifi, att seems to have an issue with this site in particular.

Which Operating system are most of you using? Windows or Apple? And if Windoze...which one? This site was built with XenForo and is hosted on GoDaddy. I have used GoDaddy for years and would be surprised if it is them. BUT on the XenForo site there are a lot of questions for a little unknown site builder. I will log into my GopDaddy later and see if any of their techs can figure it out.

I have access to several different machines and I ONLY notice the problem on Phantom Pilots. I have tried a lots of other sites and have run into one or two which try to load up so much Flash and other drivel that they are a bit slow, but only PhantomPilots actually bombs out, and in my case, only with XP. On the same router and same ISp with an XP and a Win 7 machine side by side, the Win 7 machine is very quick, not one hiccup, while the xp machine stumbles around. And the two machines are identical, same model, same RAM, same processor, etc.

The issue is with the network connections over cell service, I have tried ios, and android. If I have a wifi connection it works great. Broadband with AT&T or Verizon is a no go

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have the problem with iMac, running latest updates, in bootcamp,running win 8, iPhone 6(either 4g or wi-fi), 2 different iPad's(one with 4g/wifi), PC with win, all up to date. Yet on the same network, this iMac works great,for now.
At one point so did my other machines. I have tried multiple setting changes, to try and duplicate what this mac is doing that perhaps the other one is not, but to no avail. I never even get into the home page on any of those machines.Even with the dedicated iPhone app.
The issue is limited to only Phantompilots.com. All other sites load as expected. There has got to be some common denominator, but I cannot seem to find it on my end.

The issue is with the network connections over cell service, I have tried ios, and android. If I have a wifi connection it works great. Broadband with AT&T or Verizon is a no go

I tested network connectivity to the IP address, and checedk DNS resolution. Both work fine on the ATT network and match the results on a standard ISP. Yet when my phone/ipad is on the ATT network, I normally can't use phantompilots.com. Very strange, mavicpilots.com works fine.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to stop getting email alerts. No matter what I click.

I want to get alerts on my profile page about my watched threads, but not emails. How do I do it??

Just an update..... Apple has an update for Mac out, that upon installing, has allowed me to access this forum from a different iMac.
Hopefully this will help anyone else that may be experiencing difficulties.

The site has had the network error over att network for as long as I have been a member, it has been reported repeatedly but no one has fixed it. The site is useless unless you have a wifi connection

Reactions: SoCalDude

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie