Hi, I'm______, pleased to meet you!!

My Name is Chas. What's yours? Who are you... Besides a catchy handle?

It just seems like hardly anyone goes by their real name on forums. We all love the secrecy of the identity. But you would think, being in an esteemed forum like this one, we would all be rather proud to be here? Of who we are. And wowed to be flying these rather expensive models...

Is there a code that we must adhere to, as far as anonymity? I know some of you show a name, who knows if it's real? Besides You!!
Being incognito is fine, but how do you meet real people that share similar interests?

The digital dilemma...

RedHotPoker
Hi ,Paul Cofield from Doncaster here in the UK. I pilot a fc40 all in standard form apart from the colour that I changed from white to orange and black.

Hey hello!! Very nice to meet you Paul.
I Hope that you are getting out plenty for many fun flights with your drone.

This early summer in Alberta has been marvelous so far. Hardly any bad weather and only a few days of rain.

Enjoy...

RedHotPoker

A whole number of reasons for being a bit incognito on forums.. What if you pull a "sick" day from work and then post your lates video online? Do you want any potential employers to see some of the more risqué comments you might have made? If you are on a car forum do you want any potential thieves to know you have a Porsche 956 stashed in your garage? Any public photos on Photobucket can be seen by anyone. Could somebody use google to find out enough about you to carry out identity theft? Call me paranoid!
Yeah, you're paranoid. That's my picture, name and location. I've gotten a couple of phone calls from people who went to the effort to find me. No I am not Professor Steve Mann, but I have met him while he was doing his postgraduate work at MIT on wearable computers.

I don't know why people want so much anonymity online. When I say something, even on those rare moments when I am wrong, I don't hide.

Hello,
My name is Dean and im from Derbyshire England, Many years ago I used to play with r/c planes and moved on to a helicopter that I used to take out and play hop hop crash with and had to sell it on before I destroyed it.
Years later I have discovered magical mini copters that are easy to fly and much fun which led to a Hubsan X4. I am now looking at a P3A but as I dont rush into things (wife says I don't like parting with my money) im still reading and digesting everything.

Hello Bean Dean,
Welcome to the forum. It's always great to meet new members, and awesome to read of your RC experiences. While those smaller quads and heli's are a lot if fun, while learning the basics and cheap to crash, these slightly bigger models are actually easier to fly. The built in safety features. And all the support from the various forums. Phantoms are great, and well worth the money and effort to get onboard.

Enjoy your time spent on the forum...

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers