Hi! I have troubles taking off...

If you are connecting to a PC (not a MAC) you need to download and install the driver. It's on the DJI website just below the regular application download.

I really think an IMU calibration will help you.... I got mine to fly twice out of like 10 or 15 tries when I first got it. After an IMU calibration it flies every time.

teasp00n said:
Theres a huge risk that im stupid.. but i cant get my pv2 to connect to my pc.

Are you plugging the USB into the correct port on the Phantom? The port for connecting to the PC is under the rubber cap on the back of the Phantom. The exposed port near the gimbel mount is for accessing the video card.

I tried to reply twice last night ,but never get posted (probably DJI syndrome),anyway most likely if the craft is flipping any direction on take of ,it would need compass ,or and IMU calibration. Regarding way to take of ,you can accelerate fast as recommended above,or my technic is to start slowly until the craft starts slowly moving ,by watching carefully if it starts to tilt any direction ( with GoPro on it tend to tilt forward ) , with the right stick gently compensate in opposite direction ,than I accelerate to a fresh lift.
You should also keep eye on your fingers while taking of if you aren't pushing on right stick by accident .

M.Tigelaar said:
teasp00n said:
So i guess its the compass thats messed up.. if i could just figure out how to calibrate it ^^

Sorry for my bad english.

You really should read the Manuel and watch some videos. ;)

I have read the manual. and i have watched ever video i can find on the matter. '
The manual mention nothing in this matter.

And yeah. Im putting it in the right hole :roll:
I cant seem to be able to connect to it. It just says *du du* instead of the normal usb connection sound *ba dum*
And i get no new values in the assistant software.

gunslinger said:
TeeJayN said:
N017RW said:
Are you applying full power?

Take off works best if you just 'punch it, 'balls to the walls', WFO, etc. :p
Well, you can do that but then it will shoot up like a rocket. All you have to do is push up the throttle quickly about half way up. You'll have a clean take-off with out the rocket effect. Just don't advance the throttle slowly.

Nope... it won't take off like a rocket. Holding full power at take off for about two seconds gets the bird up to around ten feet or so. It really is the best way to get it safely airborne...

-slinger
Well, then your bird must be slower than mine. :) A full throttle launch shoots mine up at incredible speed and letting the throttle center right at lift off the bird is up way over 20'. I prefer less. For my P2V+ launching at about 50% up throttle I get a very quick, safe, straight liftoff with a smooth hover at about 10-12 feet. Nice. Your mileage might vary.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20