Hi! I have troubles taking off...

Reaction score
Hi there! I have a slight problem. It is probably just me who is doing something wrong but heres my problem.

So sometimes when i try to take off with my vision + it is just the back porps that provide lift and it tilt over forward.
This dont happens every time. But when it happens its a struggle to get it to take off normally. I have re-calibrate a lot of times for it to lift straight up.

So im thinking that I prolly just suck and theres something easy that im missing.

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

I am sorry if its been covered there already or its something very obvious that im missing

Thank you! :)

Are you applying full power?

Take off works best if you just 'punch it, 'balls to the walls', WFO, etc. :p

N017RW said:

Well, you can do that but then it will shoot up like a rocket. All you have to do is push up the throttle quickly about half way up. You'll have a clean take-off with out the rocket effect. Just don't advance the throttle slowly.

I wouldn't describe it as a rocket.

TEHO.

Heh, nope that didnt work XD..well it flew. straight forward! luckily there was a tree not far away. :p I suspect im just bad at calibrating it.. cuz i got it to work right after that.

Sorry for time wasted :p

I've read that sometimes there are cold solder connections to the motors or to the motor control printed circuit board. You going to have to open it and take a look under the "hood" for a loose connect. Maybe that's why it started working after "talking to that tree". You would not want that connection to fail while you up a few hundred feet. Hope this helps.

I had the exact same problem with mine... when it was brand new out of the box!

Several tip over crashes before takeoff...

I did a IMU calibration (in the assistant software) and it solved the problem.

Im gonna hope that its a software issue and try that calibration!

If its something "under the hood" then im screwed. Unless i send it to someone who have expertise in that area.

Thanks!

This might be a silly question, but are the propellers on right?

(Black dot on screw = black propeller head)

If not, then it's probably the calibration... check the assistant for any red flags.. if not, then it's a bad unit. :lol:

another silly question... are all your props original stock DJI props? If not, change them to the stock ones.

UrAwFuL said:
This might be a silly question, but are the propellers on right?

(Black dot on screw = black propeller head)

If not, then it's probably the calibration... check the assistant for any red flags.. if not, then it's a bad unit. :lol:

You can't put them on wrong/backwards!

Well.. if you put the props on wrong it wont fly.. ever. and mine does fly from time to time :)
i learned this with my Hubsan X4 mini quad i bought for practice before i got my pv2 ;)

And theyre stock. straight from the box.

I always go full throttle ascending to about 10 feet and hover a minute to make sure everything is functioning properly before going up higher.

I always have trouble getting it up.
Find a nice box. :)

All seriousness, get a box to take off.
This is good for windy days. Place her on edge of the box that she tilts towards. This will minimise rotortilts on takeoff.

And do this for me. Do a basic and advance IMU on a flat leveled surface (ignore the heat warning).
Use the RC assistant and calibrate the transmitter.

TeeJayN said:
N017RW said:

Well, you can do that but then it will shoot up like a rocket. All you have to do is push up the throttle quickly about half way up. You'll have a clean take-off with out the rocket effect. Just don't advance the throttle slowly.

Nope... it won't take off like a rocket. Holding full power at take off for about two seconds gets the bird up to around ten feet or so. It really is the best way to get it safely airborne...

-slinger

N017RW said:
You can't put them on wrong/backwards!

Oh, lolz. Well, I don't think I've ever intentionally put mines on wrong.. but I've ran into that with my old AR.Drone and lift-off looked a lot like this.

1296759235_rocket-launch-fail.gif

Well.. i have been out flying a lot today. had no problems. until the last time i went out to fly. Launched fine but just seconds later it decided that it wanted to go straight into another tree :p so now i have a broken prop. Looking up all the software i need. Im so bad at this XD

Theres a huge risk that im stupid.. but i cant get my pv2 to connect to my pc.

Alright so i just tested this. I started it and left it idle on the ground. but it seems that it dont know that down is down. It thinks that when its tilted forward its horizontal.
So i guess its the compass thats messed up.. if i could just figure out how to calibrate it ^^

Sorry for my bad english.

teasp00n said:
So i guess its the compass thats messed up.. if i could just figure out how to calibrate it ^^

Sorry for my bad english.

You really should read the Manuel and watch some videos. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.