Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Hi from the UK

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by piper1, Apr 5, 2016.

1. piper1

Hi my name is kev and I'm from Leigh Lancashire United Kingdom.
    Got my first quadcopter about 6 months ago (cheap one) and since then it's taken over most of my feel time.
    Still a complete novice when it comes to flying but since i got my Phantom 3 I'm really getting the hang of it.
    Got about 6 other quadcopter that I've built but nothing like the Phantom and a lot harder to fly at the moment.
    To be honest I'm learning a great deal more from phantom than any other quad i have.
    Looking forward to getting to know you all and reading your threads.

Happysnapper79 and flpholt like this.
  2. Shadow 81

Hi - just joined myself - and like you have been playing with cheap drones - great fun but frustrating - and now looking to stretch to a phantom. Which model 3 did you get? I am unsure whether to stretch to the 4 or go for a 3 advanced. Any advice / tips most welcome.

3. piper1

Hi I got the phantom 3 professional, don't have any other experience of the phantom range but this one is excellent and suits me

4. Shadow 81

I
    I like the look of the 3 but wondering if I can stretch to the 4 so it is as up to date as I can get it and will last longer - heck of a lot more money though sadly - and the main benefit would be the collision avoidance system I guess

5. Shadow 81

Took the plunge and bought a 4 today - managed the firmware upgrade and had my first little flight - very stable and very easy to fly - just need to pluck up the courage to send £££s worth of kit on a longer flight !!!

6. piper1

Nice one I'm sure your going to have hours of fun with it.
    I’ve not even consider long range, I'm looking forward to filming some decent land marks/buildings.

7. Shadow 81

Guess it depends on how long the range is - I am probably going to stick to less than 100m - but think that beginner mode restricts me to 30 m?