Hi from Surrey, England!

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I was very fortunate to be given a Syma X8C quad by our daughter and boyfriend at Christmas and enjoying trying to master this indoors first. I'm progressing quite well, albeit I'm not confident enough as yet to fly outdoors. Anyway, having seen some of the amazing videography, reviews read just how good the DJI Phantom drones are, I decided this was going to be the one I'd be upgrading to next.
Ok... So then I noticed last Friday that Jessops, a U.K. retailer, had discounted the Advanced model from £899 to £699, matching the current online offer from DJI direct (now matched by many others) I decided this was simply just a too good an opportunity to miss.... so I bought one and a spare battery. I'm sure you think I'm nuts (SWMBO certainly does!) but I'm so amazed by what a £80 drone can do and the incredible abilities of the Phantom, that I thought well, why not!
I hope to be visiting this forum to get help and advise from all you experts here, so I thank you in advance for this!

Thanks... Rob

Reactions: FlywithHer
Welcome to the forum Rob
and if you have any questions
just ask :)
Thanks so much for the welcome. There are some really nice, helpful people here with some fantastic advice and information, and I'm looking forward to exploring the site and looking forward to my first flight... Not that I know when that is - I haven't even unboxed it yet! LOL!

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi Rob, from Sheffield! You have a load of fun coming your way! Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi Rob, from Sheffield! You have a load of fun coming your way! Welcome.

Thanks Grae - I just might unbox it today! LOL! I really want to have time on the simulator as the reviews all seem to say its excellent as a starting point, but unfortunately, I need to get a tablet to use it (and for flying too of course) as I only have an iPhone 4S and an iPad 3, so I need a Nexus or iPad mini and THAT'S not going to go down well with SWMBO!

THAT'S not going to go down well with SWMBO!

[emoji17] I hear you! I got an iPhone 6s Plus as my contract upgrade. The extra size is great and also functions as the everyday phone, so a winner!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues