Hi from Poole, Dorset, UK

Reaction score
Hello All,
New to the forum and not yet invested in a drone. I've signed up to start some info gathering before taking the plunge.

I've been a keen photographer for many, many years but enthusiasm has wained as mobility has deteriorated. I figure some aerial video and stills photography might be the way to go.

For almost as many years I've also been involved in the r/c scene initially (many years ago) with flight (fixed wing and heli) and for the last 15 years, racing cars.

Will I find the transition to flying a Phantom relatively straight forward?

Should I buy a basic drone to practice before moving to something like a Phantom 3 (which is currently on my wish list)?

Regards
Paul

I'm a relative newbie to drones. My first drone was an 80 dollar video drone. I found the thing very b hard to fly. I now have a P3 standard and found it very easy to fly. Once the compass is calibrated and it finds enough GPS satellites it is ver th easy to use. If you take your fingers off the controls it just sits the an hovers.

Which model you get depends on how much you want to spend, what range you want and video resolution among other things.

Reactions: Paul Bee
KennyJr thank you for your reply. I'm in the process now of selling off some of my stills camera gear and had initially set myself a budget of £600 for a phantom setup.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I started with a MTECH sky drone pro in December which was great fun and a great way to learn how to fly. I have just purchased a P4 and to be hohnest it is so easy to fly with all its safety features. Like Kenny says it depends on what you want to do with the drone. There are some brilliant deals on P3's at the moment, but read the specs on all and Base your decision on price/what quality of images you would like to achieve and the added safety features from the P4. I hope that this may help you.

Reactions: Paul Bee
Hi Hazey33, thanks for your reply. I have started to look through the P3 deals. I am a fussy so and so re my stills image quality, but as for safety features I need to research as I'm not sure what's available. I want to try and avoid going for something based on price to find that price came with significant limitations.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey Paul,

Welcome to the club. You should find it a good transition. The Phantom 3 series are quite well polished by this point and are just a pleasure to fly. User friendly with the occasional annoyance updating/setting up but otherwise an all round solid machine. Not far over from you living in Bournemouth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers