Hi from ont canada cold weather flyer

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum angus .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

2nd note have the dji go up to date firmware and also installed magic 5.0 to fly my bird in my front yard after I get it above hydo and trees seems to operate fine can fly around the block and use the rth but usually bring it back and hand catch due to snow on the ground

I run an Advanced. I let the bird do the recordings. I was flying last week and got about 10 minutes before she went into landing mode. After it landed I found that my battery was still at 45%. The temperature outside and the wind speed make a difference in your time. I am figuring that the wind chill is what cooled down the IMU and caused it to want to land. I figure this is why they say not to fly in cold temps. A great APP that I have found to help in determining if to fly or not is UAV Forecast. It will take your local weather conditions and tell you if it is safe to fly.

Chris

Hi thanks for the bit of information I usually try to fly when the winds are calm most of the time at night but I have bin out -22 only 10 min max bird Flys pretty good video not bad try to let it dry any condisation for day or two

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan