Hi from North West UK

Reaction score
Just thought I'd introduce myself. My names is Liam and I live in a small seaside town in the north west of the UK. Recently purchased a P2 V3, 2nd hand as my next logical step in learning. Started flying drones last summer after purchasing a Parrot Bebop.

My next project is to mod the P2 for FPV and eventually when I very confident in my skills (another 2 years more than likely) go the whole hog and purchase an inspire. I'M a hobbist and enjoy taking photography and video's

Cheers

Liam

Hi FlashHarri

Welcome to the site from a fellow Brit, I live in West Yorkshire, been flying Phantoms for a year or so, small drones and model helicopters before that.
I have a Fully equipped P2 (see my signature) for sale, as I have upgraded now to a P3P.

I've had a lot of fun flying and modifying the P2, its a great bird, like all the Phantoms have been, a little advice however learnt from personal experience:-

Your batteries are probably older ones, 30 or so charges, so I would advise that you always get the P2 back to you and on the ground whilst you still have a minimum of 25% charge remaining (which is something like first bar on battery solid, 2nd bar flashing). I say this because I have found that flying at around 20% charge (on older batteries) and in windy conditions, the surge in current the motors are trying to pull during manoeuvring and hovering sometimes exceeds the intelligent batteries capacity to deliver, so a slow descent from say 15 meters suddenly becomes a fast and difficult to control drop, unless you are very quick and get the bird out of GPS mode into atti mode, where there is a little bit more control and power available. Hear I have found that the DJI ISOD mini (telemetry module) is an absolute must, because one of the readings is the battery Voltage/Percentage Charge, during flight, so you can always get her back with fuel to spare.

Second thing.. forget cheap propellers, the DJI original ones are the best, I've tried cheapies, and carbon Fibre ones, forget it, DJI props every time :)

Anyway must get back to work, post a reply to me if you want more info..
Regards Waylander

Hi Waylander,

Thanks for the welcome!

Flash
Hey Flash & Waylander I am from the North West UK, I live about 10 mins from Lytham St Annes good to see other members on here that are close.. I also Have a P2V and I am going to do these mods when I get home..

I have already done the slow yaw mod and the RE700 and RC upgrade. Next on my list is the following.

New shell ordered and will replace.
New upgraded Gps module to replace.
DBS Antenna Mod to fit.
Rota Pixel Gimbal to fit..

I have a P3P as well but never flown it yet, its brand new, but i bought this P2V second hand to learn how to fly them before I used the P3P. I thought I would sell the P2V on when I got confidence in flying it, but I am now going to keep it as I have the bug now lol.

Flack

Hi FlashHarri

Welcome to the site from a fellow Brit, I live in West Yorkshire, been flying Phantoms for a year or so, small drones and model helicopters before that.
I have a Fully equipped P2 (see my signature) for sale, as I have upgraded now to a P3P.

I've had a lot of fun flying and modifying the P2, its a great bird, like all the Phantoms have been, a little advice however learnt from personal experience:-

Your batteries are probably older ones, 30 or so charges, so I would advise that you always get the P2 back to you and on the ground whilst you still have a minimum of 25% charge remaining (which is something like first bar on battery solid, 2nd bar flashing). I say this because I have found that flying at around 20% charge (on older batteries) and in windy conditions, the surge in current the motors are trying to pull during manoeuvring and hovering sometimes exceeds the intelligent batteries capacity to deliver, so a slow descent from say 15 meters suddenly becomes a fast and difficult to control drop, unless you are very quick and get the bird out of GPS mode into atti mode, where there is a little bit more control and power available. Hear I have found that the DJI ISOD mini (telemetry module) is an absolute must, because one of the readings is the battery Voltage/Percentage Charge, during flight, so you can always get her back with fuel to spare.

Second thing.. forget cheap propellers, the DJI original ones are the best, I've tried cheapies, and carbon Fibre ones, forget it, DJI props every time :)

Anyway must get back to work, post a reply to me if you want more info..
Regards Waylander
Hey, where about in West Yorkshire?

Hey, where about in West Yorkshire?

Hi HCAV soz didn't go on line last night, just seen your post, I am in Bingley, West Yorks, Fly with a couple of mates, with P3P and Inspire 1

No worries, must try and meet up for a flight when the weather allows?
No worries, must try and meet up for a flight when the weather allows?
Hi HCAV Mick Roger on the meet.. ( I'm not military, but did 10 years in the Merch as a Dive Tech, good times ), In the spring we can meet for a flight if you like, you can contact any member directly via the Members Tab at the top right of the page.
Bye for now
Waylander

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers