Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

HI from Boston

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Deforester1, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Deforester1

My name is Derek and I am new to flying copters. I have been into RC cars, and some photography so this looked like an easy fit for me. I am a gadget guy, and like to have the best within reason. I have wanted a P4, but with 4 kids not realistic at this time. I was at a major retail store that had P3S price marked wrong, so I bought 2, and sold one.(they were listed for $160). I have flown it twice, and love it. The only issue I have is the range. I have been trying to read up on what MODS people do to them for distance. I would like to go 2+mi. I wished I have tried to traded them both in, and got a P3A, or something with more range and some more features. What are people doing to get long reliable distances?

Thanks
    Derek

2. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Derek .
    I use itelite panels on all my birds and get 2 miles + but now that's straight out and back
    and is in the country with 0 noise .
    I wish I had found them at that price :)

3. Deforester1

Thanks for the reply, It was a great deal. Was going to keep the second as a pair, but all I really wanted was a battery. I would have rather maybe bought a case with the extra money. One question I have is when you guys say straight out, does that mean totally straight? My inlays have a lake house where I want to use it. I would take off from shore, and then it dog legs to the right, so not totally straight> Also once you guys lose these over the tree line does that effect the signal? once again thanks for the reply.

Derek