Hi from Bolton, UK

Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Bernie and thought i'd register and say hi.

Busy saving up for either a P3 advanced or professional. Depends on how long it all takes and what I can sneak past the wife!!
I don't like taking out loans or credit cards for hobby stuff, hence the saving up bit. It also gives me the time to read all the great info on the forum without being tempted to just get out there and fly.

I've got a Syma X5C-1 to learn how to fly quadcopters properly without having to rely on all the electronics to do it for me.

Best regards

Bernie

Hi Bernie,
I'm in Chorley. Unless you have a 4k PC then I'd spend the money you'd save on a p3a with extra battery. You'll get one new for £550 plus extra battery. I got mine from a guy on gumtree who sells imports new. Top bloke.

Other than that the P3 can virtually fly itself. If you get in trouble just let go of the sticks, take a breath and take control again. That said you do need to read the forums and get your head around the different flight modes.

In the mean time of you search YouTube for acgkplh you'll see some of my footage from round Rivington

Reactions: ednsky
Hi all,

My name is Bernie and thought i'd register and say hi.

Busy saving up for either a P3 advanced or professional. Depends on how long it all takes and what I can sneak past the wife!!
I don't like taking out loans or credit cards for hobby stuff, hence the saving up bit. It also gives me the time to read all the great info on the forum without being tempted to just get out there and fly.

I've got a Syma X5C-1 to learn how to fly quadcopters properly without having to rely on all the electronics to do it for me.

Best regards

Bernie
Hi Bernie,
I've had to pull my Syma out of the trees more than once. Never came close with a phantom. I have the P3P. I'm a photo/video buff so I like the Pro. Always feel it is best to start with the best source material, I can alway lower the resolution if I choose, kind of hard to go the other direction. If that is not as important to you then the Dog is right, save a few and put it use on extra batteries and other accessories.

Reactions: ednsky
Hi lads,

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated

SnoozeDoggyDog - thanks for the info. A P3a with extra battery for £550 sounds excellent. Can you send me the name of the lad on gumtree?
I'll check out the youtube vids of Rivi. I was up there the other day looking for places to fly, keeping well away from the transmitter on winter hill !!

Hi lads,

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated

SnoozeDoggyDog - thanks for the info. A P3a with extra battery for £550 sounds excellent. Can you send me the name of the lad on gumtree?
I'll check out the youtube vids of Rivi. I was up there the other day looking for places to fly, keeping well away from the transmitter on winter hill !!
Hi
Sorry I've just seen this message. Did you get sort with a phantom? I see you haven't been on the forum much. Hope you haven't lost the drone itch. Any questions just message me if you like. Maybe we could meet up. Rivvy is one of my fave flying spots. I went to Crosby the other week. Check out this video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Phil

Hi Phil,
Sorry, I don't know how to PM on here!!
Still got the bug, I'm busy saving up at the mo, got a ways to go so it won't be happening soon. I see DJI have said that warranty will only apply to those units bought from recognised dealers so I think your man on gumtree is out?
In the mean time I'm doing the usual swing between DJI and Yuneec depending on which forum I read.
I might even wait to see if Autel get the European distribution sorted out!!!
I've also got to sort out funds for a tablet. I've got a gen 1 Nexus 7 which some people say will work. If not I'll have to save up for longer to get something else, which then throws me towards Yuneec.
Decisions, decisions, it's a hard life eh?!!!

Bernie

Hi Phil,
Sorry, I don't know how to PM on here!!
Still got the bug, I'm busy saving up at the mo, got a ways to go so it won't be happening soon. I see DJI have said that warranty will only apply to those units bought from recognised dealers so I think your man on gumtree is out?
In the mean time I'm doing the usual swing between DJI and Yuneec depending on which forum I read.
I might even wait to see if Autel get the European distribution sorted out!!!
I've also got to sort out funds for a tablet. I've got a gen 1 Nexus 7 which some people say will work. If not I'll have to save up for longer to get something else, which then throws me towards Yuneec.
Decisions, decisions, it's a hard life eh?!!!

Bernie
I just joined up and am nor familiar with posts yet either.
Four month flyer with a p2 vision plus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.