Hi folks ;) newbie with a question

Reaction score
Got me a P3S for my birthday. Ive done a bit of reading around and it seems the latest firmware 1.6.80 has wireless range issues and the one before that suffers from battery shut offs in mid flight.

On my first set up if i follow normal procedures will it automatically update to 1.6.80 or does it give you the options of firmwares?

Or am i reading too much into this and should just update and get flying?

On my first set up if i follow normal procedures will it automatically update to 1.6.80 or does it give you the options of firmwares?
The firmware is installed via DJI GO. If you choose to update it, DJI GO will install the latest version.

Happy birthday! I also done some research about the firmware before and i would stay on 1.5.70 and wait for a future update that fixes the range problem :)

Last edited:
If you don't want to install the latest firmware, then ignore the prompt to update in DJI GO.

There is no standard firmware version for new Phantoms. It depends on which firmware version DJI was using at the time your Phantom was manufactured.

Happy birthday! I also done some research about the firmware before and i would stay on 1.5.70 and wait for a future update that fixes the range problem :)

how did you get yours to 1.5.70 or was that the latest when you updated?

If you don't want to install the update, just ignore the prompt to update in DJI GO.

There is no standard firmware version for new Phantoms. It depends on which firmware version DJI was using at the time your Phantom was manufactured.

Got ya. how do i go about finding out which firmware its on?

how do i go about finding out which firmware its on?
Check in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO while your Phantom is connected to DJI GO.

Reactions: sprite1275
It would be better to make a pit stop before you head out to fly ;)

Also dont forget to read the user manual because it tell you everything you need to know before flying

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20