Hi Everybody... from South Florida

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Dave and I just recently bought a Phantom 3 Standard, it's my first drone and actually the first RC aircraft I've ever flown. I'm still learning all the stuff, I already got registered with FAA and have read I think all the guidelines etc... but I can always learn new things. Anyways I'm in South Florida in the Miami/Broward area.

Here's a couple videos I've got so far

I grew up, a great many years ago, not far from the Miramar park; now I live much closer to another Miramar, that of Top Gun fame.

Suggestion for your videos: Slow down your yaw speed for smoother left and right pans with the camera. Like most beginners, you are over-controlling your bird. Also, slow gimbal ups and downs make for interesting shots, especially in Florida where there is a well-defined and low horizon. Finally, you might want to get a filter on that camera - an ND16 with polarizer would be a good choice for sunny days in South Florida, especially over or near water.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
Welcome to the forum Slash - nice job of flying and filming especially considering your "rookie" status.

Good to see you went to an area where not a lot of people were around!

They are a lot of fun aren't they! Keep on learning and keep on safe flying and filming.

Thanks guys. I'm still getting used to the controls and like you said I still need to control the speed in which I slow down etc etc... specially with the gimbal control, I always overdo it :D I'll see into getting some filters but first I might have to get a cover for the phone screen since with the sun I can barely see the screen even at its brightest... they sure are a lot of fun and I haven't even tried much with it, might even have to get another battery so I can have a little more flight time at a time.

Welcome to the board man.

...and excellent taste in vehicles as well ;) Miss my Z32 TT everyday. Planing to import one soon :D

Thanks, I've had the Z for around 13 years now... it was originally an n/a and I swapped the motor for a TT about a year ago, I love it too much to ever get rid of it, plus I've been around them since 1994 :) There's a website that usually has good imports for sale, it's Japanese Classics | Classic Japanese Car Importing Service I've seen a couple people buy Z32s from there over at 300zxclub.com and they look great

Yeah, mine crashed lol.
Those are the guys I've been looking at. Couple months and I'll be the in market

Thanks, I've had the Z for around 13 years now... it was originally an n/a and I swapped the motor for a TT about a year ago, I love it too much to ever get rid of it, plus I've been around them since 1994 :) There's a website that usually has good imports for sale, it's Japanese Classics | Classic Japanese Car Importing Service I've seen a couple people buy Z32s from there over at 300zxclub.com and they look great

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah, mine crashed lol.
Those are the guys I've been looking at. Couple months and I'll be the in market

Oh man, sorry to hear that :( was anybody hurt? Cars can be replaced so hopefully you'll find a good Z soon... there's a few USDM ones around that look pretty good for good prices. Good luck dude!

Just the ego. Could have been much worse though. Did a full end over end flip. Weather related.
This was several years ago though. I've been keeping my eye out [emoji106]

Oh man, sorry to hear that :( was anybody hurt? Cars can be replaced so hopefully you'll find a good Z soon... there's a few USDM ones around that look pretty good for good prices. Good luck dude!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1