Hi all - Phantom strange flashy lights

Reaction score
First of all I don't know if this is the right thread to post this in if not sry I apologies I'm new to forums

hi to everyone from Malta , its a very small island in Europe just under sicily ... Just got my phantom a week ago and it's a great experience every thing worked well so I got a gimble + go pro for it .

Yesterday I updated to the new firmware 3.0.6 I believe and I am now getting strange red rapid lights .
It flys ok but these red lights worry me .... I did a vid to see if anyone knows what happened or what is happening .

Note that the fail safe worked ok so it had GPS and homelock/ home point and the chopter is very responsive also note that on the ground station app the red circle on the map of Malta covers alot of ground so I don't know if this has something to do with it ?

Here's how it's flashing https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M4OS0RYWVEs

Hope that nothing is serious but you know red lights will not make you comftable and don't want to fly it on water and it fails or something.

Hope that I would learn alot on here and make a few friends :)

Thanks

Wedeliver said:
probably cant find sats cause you are inside.

You mean not enough sats ? Cos fail safe is working perfectly fine and that works with GPS right ?

When your phantom can't see enough sats it defaults to attitude mode - that's the different lights flashing.

EMCSQUAR said:
When your phantom can't see enough sats it defaults to attitude mode - that's the different lights flashing.

So that's the lights of the atti mode then ?

I will have a look in the manual again to see if I can find it ... fail safe work in atty mode then ?

It's broken, no fix for it. Just send it to me for proper disposal. :twisted:

i should also say that it is very easy to flip s1 or s2 to a different position then all the way up and that also will be a cause for the lights to appear wrong or different. I am sure everything is fine, you make sure that when you go to fly that the green light blinks real fast two times. It looks like you will be a good pilot and to that end you need to study and learn all about your toy. Since you have led questions I suggest you become an led expert and researching all the info available. Good luck and keep us posted as to your progress.

I suggest the original poster researches DJI No Fly Zones

Wedeliver said:
i should also say that it is very easy to flip s1 or s2 to a different position then all the way up and that also will be a cause for the lights to appear wrong or different. I am sure everything is fine, you make sure that when you go to fly that the green light blinks real fast two times. It looks like you will be a good pilot and to that end you need to study and learn all about your toy. Since you have led questions I suggest you become an led expert and researching all the info available. Good luck and keep us posted as to your progress.

Yes both s1 and s2 are kept in the upper position ... I only flip s1 for testing fail safe and don't really use s2 yet still on phantom mode.

Being a good pilot I don't know but what I know is that patience and respect for this craft is needed , I got a gimble and a gopro but still want to put some hours of flying time before attaching them on.

Will keep u updated if I find the cause

Ok here it is

It looks like that I'm flying in a radius of limitation from a category B airport ... My limitation is altitude and there no latitude limits

Here's some pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 444
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 380
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 390

Recent Posts