Hi all. Just some technical questions

Reaction score
Hi,

just joined up here from Italy.

I'm going to get a Phantom 2 Vision in a while, but reading the Phantom_2_Vision_User_Manual_v1.10 provided, I have not understood some points:

1) Could I use rechargeable 1.2 Volt NiMh on the remote controller instead of using nomal alkaline batteries (1.5 Volt)? If not, could you advise me how I could use a different solution to power the remote controller?

2) The S1 switch has 3 positions. Ok, I get the up position is used to takeoff, toggling the switch is used to make the Vision in Compass calibration, and also to re-connect the link when needing. Are there other stuff to know about S1?

3) The S2 switch has two meanings in the manual, 1) Reserved :) 2) Flipping 5 times to set new gps home position. Same question... are there other meanings?

4) The remote controller uses a frequency of 5.8Ghz and this carrier is used in TX only. Is it true?

5) The wifi range extender uses a frequency of 2.4GHz and is used to TX commands to the Vision and RX video and telemetry data from the Vision. Am I correct?

Thank you!!

Take Care.

S.

1) Could I use rechargeable 1.2 Volt NiMh on the remote controller instead of using nomal alkaline batteries (1.5 Volt)? If not, could you advise me how I could use a different solution to power the remote controller?

Yes, 1.2v Nimh rechargeable batteries are fine. I use them without any problems.

2) The S1 switch has 3 positions. Ok, I get the up position is used to takeoff, toggling the switch is used to make the Vision in Compass calibration, and also to re-connect the link when needing. Are there other stuff to know about S1?

If you enable NAZA (a more advanced system accessed through the software), you can assign different flight modes to each of the three positions: GPS, ATTI, Manual. I wouldn't advise this until you have a lot of flying under your belt.

3) The S2 switch has two meanings in the manual, 1) Reserved :) 2) Flipping 5 times to set new gps home position. Same question... are there other meanings?

When in NAZA, the middle position will allow you to go into Course Lock mode. Basically Course lock means that no matter what way the Phantom is facing, it will respond directly to the position of the sticks, LEFT, RIGHT, FORWARD, BACKWARD. If this is not enabled and the camera is facing towards you, for instance, left will be right and forward will be backwards, etc. It's all relative to the Phantom's front and back. Course Lock overrides this.

In the bottom switch mode of S2 in NAZA, you enter Home Lock mode. When you flip to this mode and pull the right stick all the way back towards you, the Phantom will return to you the fastest way possible. If it's off to the right or left of you, for instance, it will return in a straight diagonal line. When it gets close to you, it switches to Course Lock so you can take control again.

Someone else can answer your other questions.

skynet66 said:
4) The remote controller uses a frequency of 5.8Ghz and this carrier is used in TX only. Is it true?
Flight control signals from the remote controller to the aircraft use 5.8 GHz

5) The wifi range extender uses a frequency of 2.4GHz and is used to TX commands to the Vision and RX video and telemetry data from the Vision. Am I correct?
Almost. The 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi signal connects to the *camera*, not the aircraft itself. Using the DJI VIsion app and your phone's Wi-Fi, you can send commands to the *camera* - like take a picture, start/stop video, change camera settings, tilt camera, etc. The camera transmits the video feed back over this Wi-Fi link. The camera is also wired to the aircraft to get telemetry data (and power); the camera then transmits this telemetry data to your phone's app over Wi-Fi.

Great! Very kind of you.

Got what you wrote even if I've missed NAZA as well :). Have to study more and more. ;)

I'll wait for the other questions.. I'm an old (more old than young :) ) engineer, so I'd like to undestand the flow directions of both radioes so as to have a good plan to extend video and controls beyond what they issued. (means not only using TP-Link antennas to gain some DBs)

Thank you again.

S.

jimre said:
skynet66 said:
Flight control signals from the remote controller to the aircraft use 5.8 GHz

Almost. The 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi signal connects to the *camera*, not the aircraft itself. Using the DJI VIsion app and your phone's Wi-Fi, you can send commands to the *camera* - like take a picture, start/stop video, change camera settings, tilt camera, etc. The camera transmits the video feed back over this Wi-Fi link. The camera is also wired to the aircraft to get telemetry data (and power); the camera then transmits this telemetry data to your phone's app over Wi-Fi.

Ops, thank you !! Kind you too.
I was writing down the previous post :)

Thanks a lot!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj