Hi again, some "semi newbie" questions, (video "tilt" wheel)

Reaction score
Hi again,
I am back ;)
Waited for a good autumn deal on a P2V+ and suddenly there was one.
(decided that the cash investment in the proper legal paperworks that is for one specific piece of machine was worth another "investment", I hope I will get some better airtime to invested money out of this one)

I hope you can help me with these questions.

1) Is "Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.1 - 2014-02-20" not to be used any more especially with the new controllers?
I read here of misbehaviour after update, first P2V+ I did recalibrate in that software and a second time in the "Assistant software".

2) The battery update says that older batteries should not be updated, is that now blocked from happen in "Assistant v3.6" or can it be done by mistake?
"The new battery firmware v2.6.0.0 does not support battery with loader of v1.3.0.0 or firmware of v1.6.0.0."

4) I ordered the new transmitter, have any one a opinion/experience if the tilt is smooth or if it's a transition of the "jerky" app implementation? (yes I will find out in due time, but curious ;) )

5) Do you think it's "wise" to update to 3.08 right now or wait for some fixes to current version?

6) I seen some go straight to Assistant v3.6 or is it better to go 3.2, 3.4 and then 3.6?

7) Just turning on the battery, is that at all "usable" for a discharge even that it will take a loooong time?

8) These new 9" 9450 Self-tightening Propellers (Thrust Boosted), what can you "expect" on a standard P2V+, any noticeable improvement at all or?

9) Zen IMU v1.0.0.4 to v1.0.0.6 should you wait with this one until you actually have the new controller or will it work with the old one?

Thanks in advance for answers!

-Tomas

Edit in,
Maybe "loader" is a aspect of the battery and not a charger?

Edit in 2,
Did now see that loader is regarding to the physical battery :oops: so forget about question no 3.
3) How do I see what charger version I do have? I cant see any version number on either one that I now have?
"The new battery firmware v2.6.0.0 does not support battery with loader of v1.3.0.0 or firmware of v1.6.0.0."
Added 8 and 9 instead ;)

Edit in 3,
Don't miss this one, (humorous)

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=28657

Re: Hi again, some "semi newbie" questions,

@Nexus,
Did see your comment.

-----------------------

OBS!!!!!
Read this thread first before do update or anything,
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28427&start=140
samd012: (page 15)
..............The next day DJI made an adjustment to the software to fix this issue but a new version was not released. So once everyone figured that out and updated the software again the X1 calibration was there and the 7th channel was working with the lever. What has happened now is that people who have also updated the zen imu to 1.0.0.6 are having issues with the lever because once you move to 1.0.0.6 the tilt motion is geared for the dial on the new transmitters which returns to center to stop the tilting, but for people who stayed on 1.0.0.5 on the zen the lever works as it should and moves the tilt with the lever. The issue is the people on the new zen version can not control the tilt properly because it moves to the end of its motion if the lever on the back is not centered exactly.
So I opened a ticket trying to get information on what was going on and you informed me that my controller is not supported, which is inaccurate. When in the assistant software there are 2 choices of transmitter type for the tilt. One for the new transmitter and one for the original PV2+ controller, it even has images which show both. It also lists the supported controllers and the part number for the original controller which is PVT-581 (that is the controller I have also, see photo) So basically the software says it is supported and although it “works” it is very very difficult to use because of the way it was changed with the 1.0.0.6 zen. I am going to take a shot in the dark and say that DJI’s intention was to have the tilt work one way with the new dial on the new controllers and work a different way for the people who have the lever on the back. The way it works now is perfect for the dial, but for the everyone else it is almost unusable. So we are trying to get clarification on what is happening. Your response of the PV2+ controller not being supported contradicts what v3.4 of the software says.
So basically people want to know if DJI is aware of the issue and going to fix it or is there a way to downgrade Zen IMU from 1.0.0.6 to 1.0.0.5 so they can use the lever as intended.......

This video below is with update v3.6 but NOT the Zen IMU from 1.0.0.6 to 1.0.0.5, so mine in this video is 1.0.0.5.

Answer to some of my questions above, might perhaps help somebody.
(got the controller very fast, the "spring" stuff is just my idea of how to tackle the hard tension, maybe another way also exists?)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpeOaARyXss[/youtube]

When you have the new controller connected to Vision Assistant v3.6 you get some new gimbal options as well.

To the prop question (no 8) I found that this was pretty informative IMO,
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2207539

-Tomas

Attachments

• gimbal.jpg
    gimbal.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 526

Where is VA 3.6?

Where does the 'compliance' box show up? I can't find it (MAC) on my 3.6 version

promocop said:
Where does the 'compliance' box show up? I can't find it (MAC) on my 3.6 version
Sorry I do not have the Mac software, but what do you mean with the " 'compliance' box"?

-Tomas

Re: Hi again, some "semi newbie" questions, (video "tilt" wh

8) These new 9" 9450 Self-tightening Propellers (Thrust Boosted), what can you "expect" on a standard P2V+, any noticeable improvement at all or?

tiger motor v3 and tiger motor props is still the best... if we are talking about thrust and lift

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4