Hey, Where the Heck is my $5 Registration Refund????

Reaction score
Just wanted to be the first to complain that I have not yet received my refund. I wasn't first registering and this makes me feel a lot better. ;)

Reactions: Coach
Its supposed to come as a refund thereafter. Since its on your credit/debit card, you might not see for 2-3 business days.

Its supposed to come as a refund thereafter. Since its on your credit/debit card, you might not see for 2-3 business days.
Thanks, I knew that. I needed to whine about something.

The Fed will get their interest from your $5 and then refund it to you. So they will be making money on the deal anyway :eek: Hey, who knows.

Heck, they can keep my five dollars. Maybe it will help pay for them to get that **** registration site working right.

Nothing comes back in less than 6-8 weeks. It's Govt Office

I thought I saw something about it coming in January, we should be happy that they aren't charging $50 a year/per drone!

Nothing comes back in less than 6-8 weeks. It's Govt Office

Apparently that is the disconnect. Government time is not the same as regular time. From that FAA FAQ:

Q2. Does it cost anything to register?

A. Federal law requires owners to pay $5 to register their aircraft. However, registration is free for the first 30 days to encourage speedy registration of UAS. During the first 30 days, you must pay $5 with a credit card and a $5 credit will appear shortly afterwards.

"Shortly afterwards" strongly implies a quicker turnaround than people are seeing. There is no reason the refund couldn't appear almost immediately - at the very most in a day or two.

If they are going to refund it, why take the credit card at all?

See my previous quote from the FAQ. They claim Federal law requires them to charge something. Apparently that same law does not prevent giving back 100% of the same required payment. It's the government... don't attempt to apply logic or common sense.

The Fed will get their interest from your $5 and then refund it to you. So they will be making money on the deal anyway :eek: Hey, who knows.
I was only joking of course about needing my five bucks back right away. I own a business which has sold services to the Federal Gov't. I have waited up to 6 months to get paid tens of thousands of dollars. Waiting a few months for my $5 won't mean I have to put more water in the soup.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj