Hey wahappend??

I don't use a browser at all, only Tapatalk. Its all messed up. Notifications are gone, pm's have gone, aircraft forums gone. I was in conversation and stopped mid chat. Change is good, but its better if it works.
We didnt have tapatalk enabled for a few hours with the new site. It should be enabled now. Other users are saying it works great.

Who is the change meant to benefit. If it is to benefit the user then apart from having the forums in a horizontal menu, it's not working for me. If it is to help serve some commercial interest, then you really should consider how commercial you will be if you get a significant drop off in visitors.

Did you do any usability studies before you implemented this? Did you never think about rolling them out side by side so that you can get people used to the idea of a new web site look and feel without doing a covert swap in the night ? You are missing some tricks guys. See how the BBC have just brilliantly managed a switch over to an unfamiliar web site layout. They did a great job.

Coming here at the moment is a chore.

Last edited:
We didnt have tapatalk enabled for a few hours with the new site. It should be enabled now. Other users are saying it works great.

Tapatalk is all I use and it wasn't working right at first but I can confirm it is working just fine for me.

Reactions: Jacob
Conversations are back but still no aircraft forums on TapTalk. Still some tweaks needed. Top forum is General Discussion

1. The circular crop is something on the platform I dont believe we can change. I would suggest re-uploading your profile picture and adjusting the crop.
2. Likes are placed on a specific post, not on the thread. I don't believe it would be helpful to find the best "comments".
3. We will still be making changes to the sidebar as we go but as of now, its not custom.

Thanks Jacob. Follow-on comments:
  1. Bummer. Not surprised. Please tell your vendor of forum software they missed the boat on this one.
  2. Sorry if I misspoke re threads. I agree one likes posts, not threads. Let me be more specific and less bizarre in my question: as a means to efficiently finding good posts, if one could see all new posts, and sort by # of likes (descending), and forum members actually used the like facility consistently, it would be one way of sifting through all the meaningless posts.
  3. On my ipad (and likely my phone), I can pinch zoom in to widen the reading area to full screen. Compromise, but somewhat useful.
Keep up the good work...
CD's and DVD's were once new and confusing... ;)

Kelly

I like it. Took about 45 minutes of exploration, but it looks nice and seems easy to use.
And the place is better now that dirkclod is back.
Thank you for saying so Bro !
Am not gonna comment on what i see now as I did in OT saying I feel like my house burnt down .
Maybe my avatar speaks for me right now !!
I will adapt but me just older now and it takes time .

I like it. Took about 45 minutes of exploration, but it looks nice and seems easy to use.
And the place is better now that dirkclod is back.
When you go into a thread, you will see in the upper right "1 out of _" click the double down arrow to go to the most recent message.

can anyone find the view your posts button, i can not find it any were.

Click on the magnifying glass top right corner, then click on the drop down menu arrow in the bottom of the dialogue box that opens, select "Your Threads" or "Your Posts"
But it doesn't show you if there are new replies there, which is annoying.
"Replies to your posts" was about the most common link I used. I used to have it open as the default page.

Reactions: Jacob
Click on the magnifying glass top right corner, then click on the drop down menu arrow in the bottom of the dialogue box that opens, select "Your Threads" or "Your Posts"
But it doesn't show you if there are new replies there, which is annoying.
"Replies to your posts" was about the most common link I used. I used to have it open as the default page.

I second that if it's not too much of a pain to enable.

Thank you for saying so Bro !
Am not gonna comment on what i see now as I did in OT saying I feel like my house burnt down .
Maybe my avatar speaks for me right now !!
I will adapt but me just older now and it takes time .
Have to agree with Dirk. Unfortunately, what's done is done. Sad, I miss you guys!

I'm trying to be friendly.

BTW, Dirk, your new Avitar is appreciated, thank you!

MHL

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 226
Have to agree with Dirk. Unfortunately, what's done is done. Sad, I miss you guys!

I'm trying to be friendly.

BTW, Dirk, your new Avitar is appreciated, thank you!

MHL
LOL Which one buddy ? I've got a million of em ;)

LOL Which one buddy ? I've got a million of em ;)
Your current one, silly!
Just saying, whatttt happened? Love you too IflyinWY, and Community.

I suppose Paulajane will be reduced to her buttocks?

Reactions: dirkclod
Your current one, silly!
Just saying, whatttt happened? Love you too IflyinWY, and Community.

Ya think :( Fill the same way here bro !! It's all gonna be good though !!!! Now let me find er so I can see that avatar :D

Reactions: Fplvert

Oh NO, just wait a minute... that can't happen.

Dirk, I need a really good/bad sad crying smilie. Help out a brother here, would ya?

Oh NO, just wait a minute... that can't happen.

Dirk, I need a really good/bad sad crying smilie. Help out a brother here, would ya?
cry.jpg
Cry1.jpg

Reactions: Fplvert
Yea baby, that's what I'm talkin bout.

edit:
I went and peeked, yep, me be crying. Somethings gotta be done... whaaaaa

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member