Hey there ... My New P4 flew away .. looks like FW to me !!!!!

Reaction score
Great place ... I just had a P4 fly away ... I'll leave my logs here soon

take care
DG

well that was a little short p4 flew away andddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Yea I know ... it was a long day and I decided to wait until today and get the log up with the 5 W's for you guys to look at. Morning coffee now so when I get back from dropping my son off at driving school I'll get in front of the PC and put er up.
:) thanks for the reminder flpholt

Dave g

Here is my flight log Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
and ... HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I will say that normally I keep the aircraft about 200 feet but I heard so much about the P4 that I wanted to try it out for a few mins at the 900 ish.
Looking at this flight one can see that return to home was commanded twice and had the aircraft responded the first time to RTH I truly believe I would still have it, also had the controls responded I probably would have had it come back as well.

I have been flying since last summer when I bought my first P3 Pro ... then bought another P3 Pro when I had to send my first one down to carlson after a firmware update brick. Never had any issues with the P3's flying ... none. Before flying the new P4 I updated the firmware for AC and RC, calibrated the IMU on flat level surface, charged all batteries and then did a compass cal outside just before launching. Took off first time just to hover for about 2 - 3 mins ... landed and then took off the second time never to come back !!.

I explained to DJI my issue, uploaded flight logs, filled out their customer response form (explains what happened, pre-flight checks etc...) and sent copy of receipt through their chat ... must say they came back quickly, within about two hours they replied to me and said they looked at flight logs but never included any conclusion as to what they found or what they think caused it etc.... Also in that reply they offered me a new P4 AC only w/battery for 15% off at total of $935.00 ish. That is about $1200.00 Cdn funds for me and a new complete here is about $1890.00. Because of the care I took pre-flight and the fact that this P4 simply did not reply to RTH, had signal loss in/out and just wanted to keep going until the battery ran out and landed in the lake, I asked DJI support at least four separate times now by replying to their email that I would consider a fair offer closer to 30% ... thus far no reply to my request for 30% consideration ... none.

This is where the support goes bad because when I first contacted using their chat the rep said he was making a ticket ... I have no idea what that ticket number might be because the subject of their emailed first reply and offer just says "chat". So far I had two replies back asking me to explain what is this 15% coupon ?? So here I am, I've only got about 6 grand tied up in DJI gear (put that in the ticket too) and my P3's work great. With the new P4 buy I got the combo with two extra batteries plus I bought a third extra at time of sale ... so do I cut my loss and sell the RC, three batteries, charger and extra props or do I spend another $1000.00 to $1200.00 bucks to have a P4 again to which I won't trust (since my issue I've seen quite a few problems with this "newer - better" drone). I'm just thinking out loud :) but it looks like I'll have to pick up the phone on Monday and try to sort this out and stay positive at the same time !! :)

I just made a nube mistake here, did not mean to put this all here ... lost sight of what this thread is for so I'll stop here ... if a Mod wants to delete this I understand ... then I can post this over in the P4 stuff.

You will have more chance to get help from expert log readers if you repost this in a better spot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1