I know for a fact that they do as they helped me put recently on a post I made.

Thank you DJI for incorporating my idea, not for any "fame" but because my fellow pilots and I will all enjoy safer and more reliable flights now.

Ps., If you want to shoot me a P4P as a reward I promise I won't tell anyone; I'll be forever grateful! Trade you the refurb P4 you just sent me...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: JWH
That's so funny! I came back here just to say "wow dude". You should sue them for stealing your idea! Exact rip off!

In the original post I wrote:
"And DJI Legal, I hereby relinquish any rights to this idea; you are free to implement it without compensation or acknowledgement to me, so long as you do not charge anything extra for this "feature."

I meant it, this benefits us all and I welcome them listening to fans and implementing what they consider a good idea.

Reactions: Dounin Front
Hey great minds think alike but to take credit for this is a bit egomaniacal, don't ya think?

Hey great minds think alike but to take credit for this is a bit egomaniacal, don't ya think?

I honestly don't care that much; others mentioned and inferred it before I replied. I am just happy they did something we will all benefit from. Not looking for kudos, just basking in that P4P release, it was all music to my ears

Hey, please give Drestin his due. Read the early comments. While most here were critical of his idea, which he adamantly defended, engineers were obviously busy implementing it. Improvements are really coming fast these days, and not just to the commercial units.
Watch this if you haven't already seen it:

Yea. 5 weeks from a chat forum post to implementation in a product which had already been in production and demo units shipped.
Like I said great minds think alike.

Yea. 5 weeks from a chat forum post to implementation in a product which had already been in production and demo units shipped.
Like I said great minds think alike.

Considering it's a relatively easy thing to do and it's in software, so could have been added at any time, I don't find that unbelievable, but not making any claims.

How many more ways do you want me to say I didn't do it for the "fame" hahaha nor did you see me come out trumpeting it; I just made one happy post after others noted it. Why are you so eager to knock me?

A company implementing one of its users ideas in its products? Gasp! Impossible!

Considering it's a relatively easy thing to do and it's in software, so could have been added at any time, I don't find that unbelievable, but not making any claims.

How many more ways do you want me to say I didn't do it for the "fame" hahaha nor did you see me come out trumpeting it; I just made one happy post after others noted it. Why are you so eager to knock me?

A company implementing one of its users ideas in its products? Gasp! Impossible!

No knocking from me anyway.
I do wonder if this will be a feature usable only on the P4A, or for the P3 as well? While they both use the Go app, the specific aircraft must be selected. Plus all the data must be stored onboard to create and run an autonomous RTH WP mission. It sure would be nice not to need a P4A to use it. ;)

Reactions: Drestin Black

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20