Hey before you order P3 on Amazon

Just ordered the extra battery from uav-outlet over the phone. I ordered my p3 from them through amazon earlier today. Very nice on the phone. Thanks uav-outlet.

Reactions: Built Drones
UAV-Outlet Chad was really nice on the phone about adding an extra battery and shipping it separate

I definitely recommend you to shop with them

On Amazon it shows This item will be released on May 8, 2015., however on uav-outlet.com the date shows as "Backordered till approximately 22nd Apr 2015".
Does that mean that ordering directly from UAV will ship the item sooner?

I'm hoping so. When I spoke with UAV Outlets. I was told they should be getting to them in around the 22nd and it states on the site that they should arrive on the 28th for a little lead way. With immediate ship there after. Anyone who has ordered from them should receive their P3's early May.

I'm hoping so. When I spoke with UAV Outlets. I was told they should be getting to them in around the 22nd and it states on the site that they should arrive on the 28th for a little lead way. With immediate ship there after. Anyone who has ordered from them should receive their P3's early May.
So why the discrepancy between their own and Amazon's portal?

When I ordered from UAV-Outlet on Amazon yesterday, the "release" date showed April 29th. On Amazon, that's normally the date the product is shipped to the buyer.

Today, the release date is showing as May 8th with a delivery date of May 11th - 13th. I guess that's because they only have pre-orders with the extra battery.

Last edited:
When I ordered from UAV-Outlet on Amazon yesterday, the "release" date showed April 29th. On Amazon, that's normally the date the product is shipped to the buyer.

Today, the release date is showing as May 8th with a delivery date of May 11th - 13th. I guess that's because they only have pre-orders with the extra battery.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&field-keywords=dji phantom 3&linkCode=ur2&tag=ph079-20&url=me=A3LJ7KPON5HOGT&linkId=PUCSOMK7FE2DHTTF
Are we talking about the same place, is this the correct URL? Looking at it last night and now it shows the later date
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Professional-Extra-Battery/dp/B00VVGK3HM/?tag=viglink21578-20

I think UAV outlet is saying that DJI will ship to them on the 22nd then they plan to ship them out a week later on the 29th.

Apparition, right, that's what I'm assuming too.

Last edited:
Yep! You just cannot pre-order from them on Amazon with the single battery anymore. You'll need to call them directly or order from their website.

Just wanted to let you guys know that there are two links to order a P3 on amazon one is Prime and one is UAV Outlet. Amazon Prime ships May 15th and if you have a Amazon shipping center in your state tax will be added accordingly. However UAV Outlet ships April 29th free expedited shipping and no tax added. I had one ordered through Prime and delivery estimate was May 25th UAV outlet April 30th to May 4 I I cancelled my prime order and order it from UAV outlet needless to say I hope this helps.

Hey, thanks a bunch. I just saved $125 in taxes and shipping.

Reactions: iahphantom
I think UAV outlet is saying that DJI will ship to them on the 22nd then they plan to ship them out a week later on the 29th.
No. What I got from my conversation with UAV was that he expects the P3's to arrive to him on the 22nd, but if they don't happen to arrive then at lease he has some extra time to get them and he won't have irate customers. Smart... I was told the day they arrive to them is they day they will try and ship out,depending on the time. Sorry if I confused anyone.

I did not read 14 pages of messages, so excuse me if this was already discussed. I saw the product intro and they tout one of the "advancements" is that the camera now does not produces "bubble-images"...

Well duh, they reduced the FOV from 140 to 94 degrees.
We no longer have the option of ultra-wide angle shots....

PS to thread moderator:
allow searching 3 letter words...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub