Hero3+ Black settings

Depends on what you're wanting to shoot, and how good your editing ability is. If you're new to editing video I would start with the default settings for now. If you know what you're doing, enable Pro Tune and set the white balance to Camera Raw. With these settings the video will look like crap when you first see it, but it gives you more range to tweak it in post for a far better final project. If you really know what you're doing you can set the white balance in camera to a value you know will work with the light available for the shoot.

Also think on what frame rate you want. If 30 fps works for you I would recommend shooting at 2.7k. That way you can crop and zoom the final project as needed and still render a full 1080 HD product. Don't bother going higher than 2.7k though, the frame rate is too slow and looks like poop.

Thanks! Completely new to the entire process so looking for initial settings that I can use until I become more familiar with both the use of the cam in the air and editing...

Hi,

my ideal settings are 1080p Superview 50fps.

You may want to see this video - Wide vs. Superview
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVtA5Y0Joms[/youtube]

If you want to take aerial shots, use 4K video and make screenshots from it.

Later on, you may try using ProTune.

Enjoy!

I am kind of new to my Hero Black 3+ mounted on my PT2 w/zenmuse.
I have been using a Silver 3+ set at 1080 30fps Med. Angle.

I like using Medium because you don't get as much distortion around the edges.

Ok so I shot my first cut with my PT2 with Black 3+
I set it at 1080 (regular) 60 fps Med. angle, and ProTune enabled.

I wish I did not use ProTune. As my friend pointed out who is a pro videographer, that you need to have some color adjusting software and know how to use it. I don't have the time right now to learn Davinci Resolve, or something like it.
The color of the video looks flat.
I do have QuickTime Pro, which gives me the ability to saturate the color, and boost the color overall.
So I did that to the video and Clicked on 'Save As', so when it finally compresses it won't play back right,it is all stuttering, and the file is almost twice as big.
I have a mid 2010 MacBook Pro, and it seems that it is to old to even use the latest version of DaVinci Resolve, which is supposed to be an excellent program, for video editing. They are recommending for their software to use a MacBook Pro with Retina Display, the fastest microprocessor and the Terrabyte SSD Drive. ,,,,as a minimum.
This technology is growing super fast.
I don't have the time to mess with ProTune right now. So I am going to just set my Black+ at the best standard settings and call it good.
Like 1080 @ 60 fps.
I want something that I can easily edit with QT Pro, it is quick and easy.
You can't even use these latest programs without the latest and fastest computer, and you have to know HOW to use it.

ironbinder said:
I am kind of new to my Hero Black 3+ mounted on my PT2 w/zenmuse.
I have been using a Silver 3+ set at 1080 30fps Med. Angle.

I like using Medium because you don't get as much distortion around the edges.

Ok so I shot my first cut with my PT2 with Black 3+
I set it at 1080 (regular) 60 fps Med. angle, and ProTune enabled.

I wish I did not use ProTune. As my friend pointed out who is a pro videographer, that you need to have some color adjusting software and know how to use it. I don't have the time right now to learn Davinci Resolve, or something like it.
The color of the video looks flat.
I do have QuickTime Pro, which gives me the ability to saturate the color, and boost the color overall.
So I did that to the video and Clicked on 'Save As', so when it finally compresses it won't play back right,it is all stuttering, and the file is almost twice as big.
I have a mid 2010 MacBook Pro, and it seems that it is to old to even use the latest version of DaVinci Resolve, which is supposed to be an excellent program, for video editing. They are recommending for their software to use a MacBook Pro with Retina Display, the fastest microprocessor and the Terrabyte SSD Drive. ,,,,as a minimum.
This technology is growing super fast.
I don't have the time to mess with ProTune right now. So I am going to just set my Black+ at the best standard settings and call it good.
Like 1080 @ 60 fps.
I want something that I can easily edit with QT Pro, it is quick and easy.
You can't even use these latest programs without the latest and fastest computer, and you have to know HOW to use it.

You don't need Resolve. Of course the video looks flat - that's the idea.

You can do simple color correction using the free GoPro Studio. A few clicks and you have a color corrected AVI that you can plop into your favorite NLE (QTPro, GoPro Studio, Premiere Elements, Premiere Pro, Final Cut, etc.).

Signed,

Still easily editing on a four year computer that is hardly the latest and fastest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan