Hero 4 aerial test for low-light and SUPER slow motion

Firstly, a very well shot and edited piece - some of your other youtube posts (non gopro) are really first class - a real talent for shooting and editing.

Back to the Hero 4..... low light across the fields does seem a little noisy - may just be youtube compression, but better than my Hero 3 black. The skate park is very good under the lights. But it is the 120fps slo mo that is the thing for me that sets this new model apart from my 3. Something I would use alot. Do you find the quality of the 1080 120p as good as say the 60p?

Look forward to more Phantom posts from you ;)

pilsburypie said:
Firstly, a very well shot and edited piece - some of your other youtube posts (non gopro) are really first class - a real talent for shooting and editing.

Back to the Hero 4..... low light across the fields does seem a little noisy - may just be youtube compression, but better than my Hero 3 black. The skate park is very good under the lights. But it is the 120fps slo mo that is the thing for me that sets this new model apart from my 3. Something I would use alot. Do you find the quality of the 1080 120p as good as say the 60p?

Look forward to more Phantom posts from you ;)

Thanks! Yeah there's definitely noise in PT in low light settings, I'm beginning to think not to use PT after the sun sets for this reason. However the 1080 120p mode is unexpectedly disappointing in the quality, it suffers from artifacts and severe aliasing (and this was sharpness on low). The motion is butter smooth but the aliasing makes it almost unusable in certain circumstances so use it sparingly. I think the best mode on the hero 4 however is 2.7k 48p by far in terms of quality, color latitude, and post production potential. 4k is only useful when reframing a scene in post and exporting in 1080p for better quality but the bitrate is also disappointing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl